Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e to 4l80e testimony and FAQ's

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4l60e to 4l80e testimony and FAQ's

Ok lets get it straight. Ive searched all or almost all of the threads about the 80e and cant find solid answers to the following; so lets hear it from others personal experience. this will help me plus others make informed and educated decisions. so lets begin..

1) How much hp/tq was lost on the dyno going to an 80e from a 60?

2) was there a loss in 60ft times due to the lower 1st gear ratio?

3) did your 1/4 mile time increase or decrease?

4) is the slow roll in 1st gear (25mph) still as aggressive as the slow roll in the 60e?

5) and how was the OVERALL feel of the new trans? did it feel better, shift better, perform better.

THESE are questions I haven't seen answered 100% so it would be nice to hear what are the experiences of people who have made the swap. THESE QUESTIONS are based on a 100% apples to apples comparison, meaning NO OTHER CHANGES were made to the car besides the transmission.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#1- good stuff in this link

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...esults-503358/
Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Smo's04Gto
never seen that 1. thanks bro. thats a true comparison from the 2.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I want to mention that Nic is running one of our builds and we do some mods to eliminate parasitic loss. I don't think there is any large HP gained by our mods, but every little bit helps.

I also tend to agree with Nic's mention that a smaller lighter converter would make the 80E closer on the dyno than his example.

I've posted some info about "WHY" a 4L80E doesn't use as much HP as some internet experts claim or seem to think. I will try to sit down and make a thorough post about this subject when I have more available time.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
I want to mention that Nic is running one of our builds and we do some mods to eliminate parasitic loss. I don't think there is any large HP gained by our mods, but every little bit helps.

I also tend to agree with Nic's mention that a smaller lighter converter would make the 80E closer on the dyno than his example.

I've posted some info about "WHY" a 4L80E doesn't use as much HP as some internet experts claim or seem to think. I will try to sit down and make a thorough post about this subject when I have more available time.
thanks jake. i spoke with you earlier today, but had to cut it short because i was entering work.

Quick Reply: 4l60e to 4l80e testimony and FAQ's