Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E slips in all gears.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E slips in all gears.

I have a performabuilt level II paired with a yank ss3500. Starting a month or so ago when the converter would lock up it would surge about 3 or 400 RPM's when i hit the gas. After about 5 minutes of driving today it got much worse. Almost as if the converter was locking and unlocking but I believe it was just slipping. Now the converter will not lock up at all and it feels like the transmission is slipping in every gear. I can feel the transmission shift gears fine. The RPM's just stay up. First thing is first. I think I'm doing a fluid and filter change tomorrow. After that I'm not sure what to do. Does it sound like a converter issue or a transmission issue? Im hoping its the verter but a rebuild from performabuilt isnt much more. Opinions?
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by weeble1
I have a performabuilt level II paired with a yank ss3500. Starting a month or so ago when the converter would lock up it would surge about 3 or 400 RPM's when i hit the gas. After about 5 minutes of driving today it got much worse. Almost as if the converter was locking and unlocking but I believe it was just slipping. Now the converter will not lock up at all and it feels like the transmission is slipping in every gear. I can feel the transmission shift gears fine. The RPM's just stay up. First thing is first. I think I'm doing a fluid and filter change tomorrow. After that I'm not sure what to do. Does it sound like a converter issue or a transmission issue? Im hoping its the verter but a rebuild from performabuilt isnt much more. Opinions?
Thanks in advance.
how many miles are on the tranns and how mnay mile son the converter?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SF 1HOTLS1
how many miles are on the tranns and how mnay mile son the converter?
Probably 10K on trans and 60K on verter.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Well after further research, I'm thinking its the trans pump. Oh joy.

Quick Reply: 4L60E slips in all gears.