Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew My Yank

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blew My Yank

After reading SSgirls post about Yank I can say I'm in the same boat. Mine Balloned and wiped out the the front pump shaft...front pump ect... The clutches and bands were in great shape showing no signs of giving up. I felt mine go though, stood on it and after hitting 3rd gear the rpms started going up and down erratically by a few hundred rpms. Drove it to the garage and sent the tranny back to FLP.

I haven't called Mike @ Yank but based on what I've read I guess my chances are pretty slim of getting it repaired under warranty. If I get around to calling I'll let you guys know what comes of it

Chuck at FLP was nice enough to not say "I told ya so" but he's shipping a new converter back with the transmission.

Oh yea, I've got a PY3200E if someone is interested. Slightly used and sold in "AS IS CONDITION"

Hope to be up and running by May 15th...
Old 04-27-2004, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Damn it, that sucks. I just ordered a new TCI.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Veteran

do you have a trans temp gauge? who did the converter install? how long after it was installed did this happen? how many miles and wear and tear did the previous owner put on it?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Tranny Temps are in the safe zone. Professional Install, Around 8 thousand miles. I'm the original owner.

Originally Posted by CamaroCain
do you have a trans temp gauge? who did the converter install? how long after it was installed did this happen? how many miles and wear and tear did the previous owner put on it?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't called Mike why are you on here bitching?

One thing for sure is that someone who comes on here and complains first and then asks for service later is far less likely to get a good response from most shops then had he dealt with the shop first.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

FWIW i have a Yank SY3500 with approx. 5K on it & 140K on my stock 4L60E.......
The "only" thing i have noticed lately is that if i am in OD & running 65-68 mph@ 2200 rpm's it feels as though my car is momentarily shifting in & out of OD???
But it only happens @ that speed & rpm......?
Other than that, no prob's @ all..
Simply speaking from my experience. I am very satisfied with mine.
can anyone diagnose my problem??
Old 04-28-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

just curious about this, on the sticker on yanks where it says what size and application it is for, does it have the date it was made such as 02-04 or something like that?? mike said the sticker was not on mine but he could see in the paint where it said 04-02, but i bought that new on dec this year!! brand new.... just wondering....

i didnt think they did...

sorry to get off topic
Old 04-28-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

as far as a date, mine said 10/03 and that is when I got mine, so I know I got a brand new one with all the up-to-date parts
Old 04-28-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

pewter:

I've seen misfires cause the converter to unlock and then it will relock about 30 seconds later.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
If you haven't called Mike why are you on here bitching?

One thing for sure is that someone who comes on here and complains first and then asks for service later is far less likely to get a good response from most shops then had he dealt with the shop first.
Bitching? LOL just telling it like it is. If the integrity level of the company I'm dealing with is such that my statement of fact would cause them not to provide a "good response" I'll let that speak for its self. FWIW my C5 PYE3600 was great and I never had an issue with it. But thats not the issue IMHO. Every manufacture has problems how they handle manufacturing issues is more important than the original sale in my book. I also don't view the internet as a tool to iron out issues I might have with a company but perhaps you do. I've said enough well almost...

The world is divided into two groups. There are those who know, and those who don't know. Those who know are no problem.

Those who don't know are also in two groups.

One is those who don't know and know they don't know. Well, they can learn! But then, there are those who don't know, and don't know they don't know. And they become website advisors aka (RT99)
Old 04-30-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ripped427
Bitching? LOL just telling it like it is. If the integrity level of the company I'm dealing with is such that my statement of fact would cause them not to provide a "good response" I'll let that speak for its self.
Most of your post was opinion. Had you simply posted that the converter balloned and you were calling Mike, I would agree it was just a simple factually post.

One is those who don't know and know they don't know. Well, they can learn! But then, there are those who don't know, and don't know they don't know. And they become website advisors aka (RT99)
Hey, its good work if you can get it; although on second thought the pay sucks.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ripped427
And they become website advisors aka (RT99)
Wow, you're brutal.

Anyways, Yank is a sponsor to this board and I dont want to launch any offense towards them. But as the average consumer looking for a product, I decided to choose the TCI converter. Not because I've seen and used TCI verters. Not because I seen and used YANK verters. But solely because by the reaction of other people on this board. I have heard that they provide similar performance with the only difference of TCI's superior customer service and YANK's refusal of accepting damaged products that are under warranty.

So please, anyone from YANK, please understand that some users of this board greatly doubt your reputation. Please respond to Ripped427 in an honest manner.

And Ripped427, I hope you will report to us about your opinions about YANK's customer service and warranty services after everything is sorted out, especially if it is a good experience.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

well, to conlude in this post, mike called us back and said he is building me a new converter and he finished it today and will over night my new pt4400 and also a couple of t-shirts because of all the trouble we both went through.... it is a mixed up story.... but he warrantied my 2 yr old converter .... my g/f got on the phone with him.. but all in all, after what i had heard, he still backed up his work for me because of all this mix-up

ZANTHIUS- you cannot post bad things about sponsors on here, if you do, the thread will get deleted... i would give you a link to one of my posts but they have been deleted... you can bash people on here for saleing/not saleing and not being satisfied with an INDIVIDUALS product and they will get banned (the person that sold it) but , when you bash a sponsor, the thread gets deleted... ive seen it many times... but hey, thats just IMHO

Last edited by 98sspullin'em; 05-01-2004 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Most of your post was opinion. Had you simply posted that the converter balloned and you were calling Mike, I would agree it was just a simple factually post.

Hey, its good work if you can get it; although on second thought the pay sucks.
Having the ability to see the humor in a situation, also provides the ability to handle it. LOL You need a Raise...

OK, My Converter Balloned and I'm Calling Mike...

FWIW, I should have been a bit more careful. I think Yank builds a good converter and I'm not to upset about it taking a crap. When you want to go fast stuff breaks, its how the breakage is handled that sets companies apart. I shouldn't have commented on the probability of it not getting fixed w/o calling him first.

Last edited by Ripped427; 05-01-2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
ZANTHIUS- you cannot post bad things about sponsors on here, if you do, the thread will get deleted... i would give you a link to one of my posts but they have been deleted... you can bash people on here for saleing/not saleing and not being satisfied with an INDIVIDUALS product and they will get banned (the person that sold it) but , when you bash a sponsor, the thread gets deleted... ive seen it many times... but hey, thats just IMHO
Yep, I know...but it's not my intent to post anything negative about the sponsor. That would be suicide. I'm just stating an obvious fact: That even though they make a good product, their reputation, or lack of, precedes them. I dont know if it is really true that they don't honor warranty requests. But many people say that they don't. And they don't reply? Or have any defense. I'm sorry but I feel that a company's reputation is the most important thing. And YANK should give more effort on preserving that. If someone posts something nasty about warranty issues, shouldn't YANK spend some extra time to put up a picture or a comment and say, "Hey, here's the proof that its the customer's fault." or something in that manner? Any attempt of defense is better than nothing because everyone else will just think the company is guilty and has nothing to say. So, maybe I just have too much spare time, but I really want to know what YANK has to say about these warranty and customer service issues. Either that or I'll aways buy TCI, or PI and definitely not YANK. I just don't see that many people complain about TCI or any other manufacturer for that fact.

Sorry for rambling.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zanthius
Yep, I know...but it's not my intent to post anything negative about the sponsor. That would be suicide. I'm just stating an obvious fact: That even though they make a good product, their reputation, or lack of, precedes them. I dont know if it is really true that they don't honor warranty requests. But many people say that they don't. And they don't reply? Or have any defense. I'm sorry but I feel that a company's reputation is the most important thing. And YANK should give more effort on preserving that. If someone posts something nasty about warranty issues, shouldn't YANK spend some extra time to put up a picture or a comment and say, "Hey, here's the proof that its the customer's fault." or something in that manner? Any attempt of defense is better than nothing because everyone else will just think the company is guilty and has nothing to say. So, maybe I just have too much spare time, but I really want to know what YANK has to say about these warranty and customer service issues. Either that or I'll aways buy TCI, or PI and definitely not YANK. I just don't see that many people complain about TCI or any other manufacturer for that fact.

Sorry for rambling.

yes a ramble it was and from the bandwagon no less.
How was yank suppossed to resond to this since he hasn't advised them of the problem? He posted like his stuff broke and yank wasn't gonna fix it. And yet he never called them! You post a bunch of crap but have you ever tried a Yank? If not I don't see where you have a dog in this hunt.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by H82BBad
yes a ramble it was and from the bandwagon no less.
How was yank suppossed to resond to this since he hasn't advised them of the problem? He posted like his stuff broke and yank wasn't gonna fix it. And yet he never called them! You post a bunch of crap but have you ever tried a Yank? If not I don't see where you have a dog in this hunt.

I think that Zanthius is making an informed decision based not only on the contents of this post but other posts some of which have been deleted.

If previous performance is an indicator of future performance which it usually is then Zanthius has plenty of evidence to support his concerns.

FWIW I believe that TCI, Precision Industries (Vig), and Yank all make good converters. They all have their strengths and weaknesses depending on what stall speed you are looking at. I do however feel based on posts I have read here, first hand knowledge of others experiences as well as my own experiences that these three companies are not equal when it comes to customer service.
One is great, one is good and one is not so good.

Good luck

John
Old 05-01-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zanthius
Yep, I know...but it's not my intent to post anything negative about the sponsor. That would be suicide. I'm just stating an obvious fact:
i wouldnt do it just becuase i didnt like the product, if someone asks how it is, im gonna tell them MY experiance and not, hey i heard this and that, just from what i KNOW and not presume...

i would want people to tell me that if i was askin about a company, if its good, tell me if not, tell me why its bad... isnt what this board is for?? for help and transfer of info...
Old 05-01-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JNorris
I think that Zanthius is making an informed decision based not only on the contents of this post but other posts some of which have been deleted.

If previous performance is an indicator of future performance which it usually is then Zanthius has plenty of evidence to support his concerns.
decision and concerns? He doesnt have a yank converter!

You I understand. You think yank screwed you so you like to dog them about there service everytime you can. I understand that. I think they have done well by me so I say nice things about them whenever I can.

But when someone comes on bashing who has never had or tried the product I am gonna call bs.

Hell the guy that started this post came on and said my verter blew yank isn't going to fix it.
What kinda of **** is that? He didn't give them a chance to fix it or tell him no. He based his comments on what he has herd. Not on what he has been through with Yank.

If the best steak house in town has a waitress I don't like I order my steak to go. So if you thing yank is bad to deal with order from a vendor with great service who will stand behind what he sells and if you have a problem take it up with your better vendor. That way IMO you can still have the best steak (Yank) and not have to settle for a hamburger
Old 05-01-2004, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by H82BBad
decision and concerns? He doesnt have a yank converter!

You I understand. You think yank screwed you so you like to dog them about there service everytime you can. I understand that. I think they have done well by me so I say nice things about them whenever I can.

But when someone comes on bashing who has never had or tried the product I am gonna call bs.

Hell the guy that started this post came on and said my verter blew yank isn't going to fix it.
What kinda of **** is that? He didn't give them a chance to fix it or tell him no. He based his comments on what he has herd. Not on what he has been through with Yank.

If the best steak house in town has a waitress I don't like I order my steak to go. So if you thing yank is bad to deal with order from a vendor with great service who will stand behind what he sells and if you have a problem take it up with your better vendor. That way IMO you can still have the best steak (Yank) and not have to settle for a hamburger
Below is the decision I was making reference to.

Your other points are well made.

[QUOTE=Zanthius]Wow, you're brutal.

Anyways, Yank is a sponsor to this board and I dont want to launch any offense towards them. But as the average consumer looking for a product, I decided to choose the TCI converter. Not because I've seen and used TCI verters. Not because I seen and used YANK verters. But solely because by the reaction of other people on this board. I have heard that they provide similar performance with the only difference of TCI's superior customer service and YANK's refusal of accepting damaged products that are under warranty.

So please, anyone from YANK, please understand that some users of this board greatly doubt your reputation. Please respond to Ripped427 in an honest manner.

And Ripped427, I hope you will report to us about your opinions about YANK's customer service and warranty services after everything is sorted out, especially if it is a good experience.[/QUOTE