Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After torque converter install HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After torque converter install HELP!

Ok the car is a 2002 Camaro Z28. Just put a 3600 converter in it and bolted everything back up. Turned the car over and everything is running fine EXCEPT the RPM tach is no longer working. Here's the current situation. I still have it on jacks with no wheels on(checking for leaks and that kinda stuff). I turned it on to make sure I had all gears. It has all gears. The speedometer works along with every other gauge except the stock rpm tach. It sits at 0 no matter what I do to it. The ABS light is on but I don't think that could have anything to do with my problem. So is this just simply a sensor I forgot to plug up when putting the trans back? Or there other things that could cause this?
Old 12-26-2013, 04:45 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Just above the starter is the crank sensor. I would think it would have thrown a trouble code but my guess is its uplugged or a wire is damaged.
Check your grounds too.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Update:
Thanks for the reply SSZ. That was the first thing I checked and it was plugged in and looked fine. I ran the computer on it and ended up gettin a code for the cam position sensor. Took the intake off and checked the sensor plug, wires, and it looked fine. Checked every other sensor and wire I could find and couldn't find a single problem anywhere. Bolted everything back up, started it up and it fixed itself I guess. Guess the plug was loose or something, Idk. But its working fine now.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Good stuff. Just pray the problem doesnt return.

Quick Reply: After torque converter install HELP!