Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 3 tranny with 380 miles on it has a few drops of fluid around inspection covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stage 3 tranny with 380 miles on it has a few drops of fluid around inspection covers

So I posted in the huge thread about converter spacing, but incase its not that OR if anyone may know exactly what may be wrong, I just wanted to have a dedicated thread.

Back story, I have a 99 Silverado, z71 4x4 with 161K miles. Its running great after plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, IFS axle flange seals, RECON torque converter, stage 3 tranny and all gaskets and fluids new. I did all the work myself in this frigid ***** cold weather with a torpedo heater and my drive way. It all went well...HOWEVER, the tranny, ordered from http://www.bmrtransmissions.com/ recently decided to leak some fluid. Mike was great the whole time, but I have not contacted him just yet about this.

Anyway, I drove the truck 380 miles with no issues...shifts firm, 4wd feels good, everything is awesome, very satisfying to do all that work under your own labor...ONCE.

Well I went under to bolt up the skid plates today to finalize the project and I noticed the leak. F*ck. It looked to be from the inspection holes, so I removed them and indeed there was a small pool at the flexplate inspection hole and some even on the smaller hole cover up higher...but there was nothing really anywhere else in there. It was also outside on the case all the way back to the pan surface.

So far I have as possible fixes

1.) Check torque converter to flex plate gap...If this is too wide, could that cause a leak?

2.) Torque converter seal...could this just fail after 380 miles?

3.) what else??

It's literally 2 degree out right now, so poking around under there is not back up to the top of my list..

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone!?

Quick Reply: Stage 3 tranny with 380 miles on it has a few drops of fluid around inspection covers