Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L65E converted to 4L70E

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L65E converted to 4L70E

Need a little help here guys... I recently just had a 4L65E rebuilt to go behind a crate LS3. Well little did I now that the transmission will need to be converted to use a internal speed sensor which is a 15pin rather than the standard 13 pin my current transmission is. I just would like to verify that this IS possible or if I should just bite the bullet and look for a different(newer) transmission. I have already been talking with my transmission guy and he assured me that this is able to be fixed with what I currently have. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:46 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

To convert from non-ISS to ISS (Input Speed Sensor), you will need a new pump and a new input drum (really just the input shaft, but they are attached). Also the ISS sensor/harness on the pump and the internal harness that connects to the ISS and has the 15 pin connector.

I don't know if the newest TCM will support pre-'09 transmission that still have the 3-2 downshift solenoid and the pressure manifold switch. The '09+ 4L70E has a different valve body without the 3-2 downshift solenoid and the pressure manifold switch is replaced with a physical switch on the internal part of the shift shaft. The connector has has a very different pinout.

Quick Reply: 4L65E converted to 4L70E