Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought 94 Camaro Z28 with automatic transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but the torque converter is one of the main things that's causing it to not move as quickly, the reverse problem could be a clutch pack issue.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by WHTLTN2
Yeah, but the torque converter is one of the main things that's causing it to not move as quickly, the reverse problem could be a clutch pack issue.
What reverse problem? He posted "Reverse works great.. no other gears work in forward"

If reverse works great then that means the converter is also working, How can the converter propel the car fine in reverse and not forward?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

My post #14 is also based on "Reverse works great" which probably rules out the converter and differential, but I always take these "subjective" descriptions with a grain of salt. For example, 25% throttle in Reverse might be more than the OP is testing, while he is giving 25% throttle in forward.

Clearly the OP's first post was not very thorough and perhaps WHTLTN2 only skimmed over the following posts as we tried to pin down exactly what the symptoms are. It takes a while to get the hang of how these threads develop. I suspect that many of us could quickly figure out many problems if we could drive the car, but instead we have to ask the OPs to try different things and hope they then describe the results accurately. It is often comes down to communication/writing issues.

I'm leaning toward an internal problem in the trans, perhaps the forward clutch or the forward sprag (which can damage the forward clutch), but have not ruled out the converter.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

I’m having this same exact problem with my 2002 v6 camaro I can put the car in drive or reverse and it won’t move only revs what do I do?
Old 03-31-2019, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

Check your fluid level and follow the path that was suggested to the OP.

Quick Reply: just bought 94 Camaro Z28 with automatic transmission issue