Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fti converter help/questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fti converter help/questions!

So being the noob and blind bat that i am with purchasing my new converter from fti through summit racing. I purchased the wrong one. What i wanted was a srls48082.(ls1) What i bought was a srlt48082 (lt1)

So i call fti and they are very helpful. I purchase a spacer for it to make it work. Well upon getting the spacer in. I find it dosent fit the way i would expect it too. There is also a nice gap between the flex plate and the converter.

I've never dealt with this issue before and im wondering if cranking it down will eventually wear out my mains from the load on the crank.

I wish i could send it back but im on a deadline and im definitely not going to lose the up to 25% fee of it being used because i mounted the spacer on it ontop of the restocking fee.

Never even put fluid in it. Just put the spacer in and mocked it up because i was already doubtful. Am i worrying way to much or what here guys? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I seriously doubt an LT converter will fit on an LS trans, even with a spacer. For one thing, the input shaft on the trans is quite different.

Also, as long as you didn't put fluid in it, I would expect you can return it to Summit for a full credit.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

Believe your right mrvedit. I don’t see how an LT converter will fit the LS trans input shaft. An LS trans must have an LS converter.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

These guys are correct, 4L60 LS trans requires a LS style converter. They have different put shafts. Sorry, you will have to swap the LT converter for the LS.

Chris

Quick Reply: fti converter help/questions!