Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60E Transgo HD2 Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60E Transgo HD2 Questions?

As you can tell from the title, I have a 4l60e tranny, this particular tranny lasted me 255,xxx miles, so I got it rebuilt and after that I started to upgrade it. I put a corvette servo and noticed that there isn't as much or any shutter during or after shifting anymore sometimes, but still kinda there. So I've been reading and watching videos on this Transgo HD2 kit, heard people love them but I'm looking at the gains and maybe losses I will get with this kit. And or expectations. I hope it'll give me stronger quicker shifts and maybe make my tires squeak when shifting? Any realalistic Expectaions? I also bought the Transgo 46 separater plate aswell
Old 07-09-2015, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its great. It does have quicker shifts. I also used the transgo plate and drilled to specs I chose after lots of reading and research. I also used ford torlon check *****. A deeper truck pan th
Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

What did you drill your holes too?
Old 07-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Launching!

I run that kit in my TA. I have really liked it. The car only has 46K miles on it so I wasnt pulling the tranny for the extra stuff. I did the basic install. The trans shifts much firmer and quickly now. Its also progressive so it shifts harder on WOT than when I'm just cruising around town. I would do it again 10X over.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

The Transgo HD2 kit is by far the most used kit by people on this forum. You can expect crisper and firmer shifts from this kit. Just follow the instruction for drilling holes in separator plate. I would recommend using no more than one shim in the 1-2 accumulator. Really hard shifts are very hard on the forward sprag and could Couse it to fail. Installing a Sonnax HD 2-3 Shift Valve will help to protect the forward sprag and is highly recommended.

Quick Reply: 4l60E Transgo HD2 Questions?