Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerglide front pump, input shaft

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Powerglide front pump, input shaft

Just opening a discussion so I can better understand. I'm building a Glide to handle in the 1100whp range. I've been googling and come up with lots of awnsers, but as soon as I think I understand, I read something that tells me I should google more! I'm wanting to drive the car some so I want a functioning cooling circuit. I've been looking at bte, fti and tci pumps, but think I can do just a bolt in stator half and use my good gear section on my pump, along with ringed and ringless shafts

I'm looking for an input shaft, pump combo that I should be looking for. I know I want a turbo spline setup and I think a nonbushed stator with the new converter setup with that bushing
Old 12-16-2016, 07:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Nathaninwa
Just opening a discussion so I can better understand. I'm building a Glide to handle in the 1100whp range. I've been googling and come up with lots of awnsers, but as soon as I think I understand, I read something that tells me I should google more! I'm wanting to drive the car some so I want a functioning cooling circuit. I've been looking at bte, fti and tci pumps, but think I can do just a bolt in stator half and use my good gear section on my pump, along with ringed and ringless shafts

I'm looking for an input shaft, pump combo that I should be looking for. I know I want a turbo spline setup and I think a nonbushed stator with the new converter setup with that bushing
Since your going to be in the 1400CHP range(20% drivetrain loss) I would recommend going with one of the better material input shaft such as our VASCO material input shafts. We have these in both ringed(F2517V) and ringless(F2517VR) format and we use the ringed shaft in all of our level 5 units rated to 1500HP. We use the ringless shaft in all of our level 5.5 glides and we rate those at 2,200HP.

For the pump if you're using the flanged bolt in stator tube then you're pump is going to have to be machined for the flange to fit.

If you decide to go with a new pump I can get you in on our RACER program when you purchase the pump with the input shaft. And our pumps come pre-assembled as a race prepped 7 bolt pump with the flanged bolt in stator tube and oversized pump gears.

And we're also offering free shipping on everything from now until Dec. 23rd.
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 12-16-2016, 08:12 AM
TECH Regular

Thankyou. I've been on your website looking at the 7 bolt pumps. Just wasn't sure how much pump I needed, I knew I wanted a bolt in stator tube. My shopping cart at summit has some of your stuff too, the billet trans brake, 8 clutch ubuild kit, along with pumps and input shafts My plan was to call someone and get a shaft/pump combo so it worked together. My unknown knowledge came into the ringed and ringless setups along with a bushing on the stator for the input, wheather it's good to have or not for cooling reasons

That's said, quick question on the 8 clutch rebuild kit, are those thin clutches to fit into a standard depth drum? I'll just need to machine the piston? I planned on running 7 clutches and 6 reverse clutches
Old 12-16-2016, 10:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Thankyou. I've been on your website looking at the 7 bolt pumps. Just wasn't sure how much pump I needed, I knew I wanted a bolt in stator tube. My shopping cart at summit has some of your stuff too, the billet trans brake, 8 clutch ubuild kit, along with pumps and input shafts My plan was to call someone and get a shaft/pump combo so it worked together. My unknown knowledge came into the ringed and ringless setups along with a bushing on the stator for the input, wheather it's good to have or not for cooling reasons

That's said, quick question on the 8 clutch rebuild kit, are those thin clutches to fit into a standard depth drum? I'll just need to machine the piston? I planned on running 7 clutches and 6 reverse clutches
The front stator bushing is normally only needed if the converter doesn't have a bushing in the cover. We don't run that bushing if we don't have to promote oil flow.

On the u-build it kit that is thin clutches and steels so you can fit them into the drum however you may still have to cut the piston. We do also have drum kits here as well pre-assembled with billet pistons if you don't feel comfortable cutting the piston.

We can also price match Summit AND do the free shipping if you want to give me a call! We can go ahead assemble the drum for you and take care of anything else you may need. everything is in stock.

Couple other things we added to our list of a parts today actually is a complete small parts and bolt kit along with parking assembly parts and more.

-Dalton

new zinc plated powerglide manual valve rooster comb.

powerglide band apply strut

complete small parts kit

powerglide band anchor strut

zinc plated park pawl case bridge
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com

Old 12-16-2016, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Very cool. I'll give you a jingle in the next week or so. I'm having some money come in from the 80e and will be able to do the pump, shaft and rebuild it kit

I'll be needing a converter too! One for the 80e bolt pattern and the front of the converter setup for a 3/16 mid plate
Old 12-16-2016, 01:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Very cool. I'll give you a jingle in the next week or so. I'm having some money come in from the 80e and will be able to do the pump, shaft and rebuild it kit

I'll be needing a converter too! One for the 80e bolt pattern and the front of the converter setup for a 3/16 mid plate
Not a problem! all of our new forged covers come standard with all 3 GM bolt patterns. Just mention you need a converter as well and we'll get one spec'd out for you!
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com

Old 11-24-2017, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Of input shaft clearances

Need advice. My late bro had a pg built work all the bells and whistles. Including a bigger input shaft. I know they can be removed just by pulling them out. The guy that biilt it said something about a measurement across bellhousing . there should be so much gap from end of inputshaft to straightedge?? Theu are both passed on so i need some ideas. It's brand new.and my dad and i doing want to screw up a $3k trans..thanks all

Quick Reply: Powerglide front pump, input shaft