Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny or converter problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny or converter problem?

2000coupe,Precision Porting stageIII, MTI G1, FLP long tubes, nocats, B&B prt's, polished 80 BBK, ls6 intake, 32lb racetronix inj. 3.42 rearend, yank ss3200, nx 150 wet shot, chrome Z06 18's, lowered 1.5 ", carbon fiber engine bay, blk/oak accented interior, loyd's matts, Z06 screens, c5 reations bra and mirror mask, 04 Z06 suspension, eradispeeds, Z06 calip.

I dynoed at FLP a month ago, and by looking at other #'s of ls1 members, mine seem upside down? my n/a #'s are 388rwhp/404.5 rwtq . Is there a reason that my hp is lower than my tq? with a nx wet jetted with a .75 on nitrous, and .35 on the fuel jets, thinking around 165 shot? my #'s were 518rwhp/515rwtq only a gain of 130 rwhp? could it be the tranny going, or the converter. the converter only has about 600 miles, and I run a tranny cooler also. The car was set up to shift at 6200 rpm on my street tires, and now with the drag radials, juiced or not, it hits the rev limiter?6500rpm's
Old 05-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I can think of is to log the shifts and check for actual shift duration (I guess you're running a 4L60E).
That or tear the trans down and look for burn lines around the frictions.
If it's the converter (I'm guessing) it'll stay consistant if it's a design problem causing it to run inefficient or it will simply start stalling higher and fail.

It might be as simple as increasing the time between shift point and rev limiter, 300 rpm difference is not much. Sounds like your shift duration set point might not be short enough to complete the shift in 300 rpm under full power. You need to adjust that around your transmissions capabilities.
Or your friction material and clutch clearance just can't handle the power, I doubt that though, unless the trans is stock.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
The only thing I can think of is to log the shifts and check for actual shift duration (I guess you're running a 4L60E).
That or tear the trans down and look for burn lines around the frictions.
If it's the converter (I'm guessing) it'll stay consistant if it's a design problem causing it to run inefficient or it will simply start stalling higher and fail.

It might be as simple as increasing the time between shift point and rev limiter, 300 rpm difference is not much. Sounds like your shift duration set point might not be short enough to complete the shift in 300 rpm under full power. You need to adjust that around your transmissions capabilities.
Or your friction material and clutch clearance just can't handle the power, I doubt that though, unless the trans is stock.
yes, it is still the stock tranny with 29k miles on it.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Teching In

ttt. anyone else?
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know what the problem is but all the mods you listed, why dont you put them in signature... For future use. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, it is still the stock tranny with 29k miles on it.
What make you think the stock trans will hold 500 hp/ ft lbs?