Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

broke my T-56 tailhousing...need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy broke my T-56 tailhousing...need help!!!

I really did it this time. I was slamming first gear and the tires were burning in first and then I hit second and the tires bit hard as I popped the clutch. That's when my heart stopped because I heard this loud snap followed by my drive shaft slapping the bottom of my car. Put her on the trailer and brought her home. I dropped the tranny and the gallery pictures show it all. I was hoping that someone could tell me if I can get the tailhousing, where, and how much. I also need an output shaft, shifter, and don't know if I should use that drive shaft or just get a new one. Also I want to get my tranny rebuilt seeing that it's out already. What do I need and what's the best place to get it. Synchros, steel shift forks, the works. Thank you everyone for your tips and suggestions.

Click here to see the gallery
Old 05-25-2005, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the best T56 carnage EVAR!
How much power you puttin down?
what kind of tires where you on?
Time for a TH400.
If your REALLY want to keep the six speed , which after doing this i sure as hell wouldn't, and you need a new output shaft anyways. get the 30 spline viper output shaft. they require your old tailshaft housing as a core but seeing as how yours is trashed you'll just have to pay the core charge. the shaft kit without a core charge is around $800 alone then add the tailshaft housing your looking at around $1,000. and then theres the parts for the rebuild and labor, about another$500 if yourlucky and $800 if your not.
So ytou see i think its time you think about an A3.