Sponsored by:

Help me go TH400

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:50 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me go TH400

Well, looks like my stock tranny is going out. I did not wanted to buy a tranny this soon but I dont want to spend 600 or so for a stock rebuilt 60e and do it good the first try.

I have gone throught the FAQ but there are a lot of things missing (parts) and such.

I also would love to know how much you guys ended up paying for the complete swap after parts and install.

I will be spraying a 300shot on a 402 by the end of the year (i hope) or at least the 402. So the tranny must handle around 700/800hp.

I have been searching around on transbrakes, are they really worth it? I mean, i still dont get the Big Stall/Transbrake union.

Well if anyone can help me please do it, any comment is good to me. I am open to learn anything be good or bad.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Banned

with that much power i would definately go w/ a 400 trans. wether or not you want a trans brake is up to you. if it's daily driven, or close to it you wont want to go crazy w/ a stall and/or gear. you'll have plenty of torque throughout the power band so you wont need a big stall/gear combo.

prices i don't know. it depends on how much aftermarket stuff you're going to get for the swap vs. how much you're going to try to make stock parts work.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:21 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by imslow
with that much power i would definately go w/ a 400 trans. wether or not you want a trans brake is up to you. if it's daily driven, or close to it you wont want to go crazy w/ a stall and/or gear. you'll have plenty of torque throughout the power band so you wont need a big stall/gear combo.

prices i don't know. it depends on how much aftermarket stuff you're going to get for the swap vs. how much you're going to try to make stock parts work.
The car is mostly a strip car, but i use it once a week just to break the monotony of the beater.

About the price, well i guess the more i can save the better, but an aprox would be nice. Rossler 400 is 1,095.. Thats a good price i think.

Transbrake, whats the point of it? just not having to brake on the line?

Thanks fot your time imslow i hope more peple can add info on this..
Old 07-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

no... trans brake is a lot like a clutch dump for an auto. you can rev the motor to whatever rpm you like and hold it therewithout the car moving. then when you want to launch, let off the brake and say hello to the sky! i'm putting a 400 w/ a brake and a 3500 stall behind my mild 402 motor and a 4.10 in my 12 bolt. i should yank the wheels pretty good.

but yea, trans brake is good for getting every last bit of 60ft out of your car.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:28 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by imslow
no... trans brake is a lot like a clutch dump for an auto. you can rev the motor to whatever rpm you like and hold it therewithout the car moving. then when you want to launch, let off the brake and say hello to the sky! i'm putting a 400 w/ a brake and a 3500 stall behind my mild 402 motor and a 4.10 in my 12 bolt. i should yank the wheels pretty good.

but yea, trans brake is good for getting every last bit of 60ft out of your car.
Oh i see,

So you are going 400 too? do you have any price aprox?