Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Fuddle Experiance

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Fuddle Experiance

I recently ordered a Fuddle 3400/2.1str converter. They told me it would be like 7-10 days to ship it so I said ok. I sent them a paypal to cover the price of the converter and shipping. At this point I must add that they give it to me at the sale price that had expired about a month earlier. I give them a call and told them to ship it to my work address instead of my home b/c there wouldn't be anyone home to sign for it. They said no problem and shipped it out the following Monday. Fed ex sent me a e-mail with the tracking number and the scheduled delivery day. This is when the problems started. It sit in Utah for 12 days b/f it even moved. When it got here the box was busted open (both it was in two) and it had been very wet. I took the converter out of the box and when I turned it over dirt and pieces of the box come out of it. I was HOT to say the least. I PM'ed Fuddle and told them what had happened. They put in a claim within 5 min's of the PM. They told me how sorry they were that this had happened at least 10 times on the phone and told me they would get me one out next day air that afternoon. By this time it was like 3:00 pm. I told them I was in no rush so just get it out when they could. Three days later I got my new converter in and once again the boxes were busted open this time at the mounting ear. I give him a pm and asked about the fact that it rattled some when you shake it. Four other mechanics told me this is normal and withind 20 mins I had a PM back from him confirming that it was normal. I an going to get it installed Wed or Thur. next week and I'll let you all know the results.
I would just like to thank Fuddle Racing for making something that could have been a very long drawn out process and solving it quickly and professionally. I do NOT believe any of this was their fault. (except using fed ex only my opinion). I would have to say that they have some of the best cust service that I have ever dealt with. I would def. recommend them to any one else looking for a new converter. Best priced and great cust. service are two things that don't usually go hand in hand together but this time it did.

Here is the link to their site. If this is wrong to do this then let me know and I'll remove the link. http://www.fuddleracing.com/

I would also like to add that I am in no way associated with Fuddle Racing just a satified cust. Thank you for you time reading this.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Awesome to hear and I'll back you 100%. I'm also doing my best to spread the word about them, not only here, but at LS2.com and my local F-body clubs. And I also ordered that same converter, but I had them up the STR to 2.2 for me.

I know they've been having problems with their shipping lately, due only to the shipping company themselves. Not sure what the problem is, but you can be assured that Fuddle did not send you a tattered and wet box.

John and Melissa are great people and do their absolute best to make the customer happy. As you can see, it's quickly paying off!
Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice to hear, il prolly be getting that same converter.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, I plan on ordering a Converter from them... sometime. I want to get everything I want in my car first so I can pick the right stall though... we will see how long that takes for a poor highschool kid lol.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Another vote for Fuddle Racing..
Old 07-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Not a big hit on them, as the shipping company obviously needs to step it up, but if its a common problem they need to take more care in packaging the converters. Granted it slows things down some, but it'll save alot of trouble in the long run.

Good to hear though. I thought they were a fly-by-night company at first but it looks like they perform and have great customer service, what more can you ask for.

And the rattling is normal, all converters do that. Shouldn't be a ton, but there are moving parts in there that can make some noise if you shake it.

Scotty, you have ordered your converter? When are you getting it put in?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Scotty, you have ordered your converter? When are you getting it put in?
Yup, ordered it earlier this week.

3400 2.2 should be done soon (if not today), so I hope to have it in soon after my next paycheck (next Friday). Still looking for someone locally to install the shift kit and converter because I'm doing the cooler myself. I just don't want someone who's going to rape me on price, or on the other extreme, someone who will mess up my tranny because of lack of experience. So it's hard to find someone, but I'll do it. And you can be sure that I'll post up results after I've stood on the loud pedal a couple times.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone have any longterm experience w/thier fuddle converter on their car

I'd like to see how long they stand up to abuse
Old 07-29-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dubrado

ive had my Fuddle installed since May

no issues as of yet, has been a great converter
Old 07-29-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dubrado

Keep a watch on this thread he seems to be abusing the hell out of his
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/357603-finally-made-few-passes-transbrake-fuddle-converter.html
Old 07-30-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Great to hear it worked out for you. I've had terrible experiences with Fed Ex.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

I just had a Fuddle 3400 2.1 str put in Wed. Same thing happened with the shipping, sat in utah for about 6 days then they delivered it to the side of my house. I just happened to look over and next to the deck was the box. Ran the first time at the track tonight and was pretty hot out, but ran my first 12(12.86) with a 1.788 60 foot. sure it will drop 2/10ths in cooler temps and lower DA. Only thing I was wondering about is when the car slighly lags I get a wierd flutter rattle sound in Drive(not all the time, but heard it 3 or 4 times today. Could be chatter, I never had this big of a stall so not sure what to expect. Really happy to hit 12's though.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You have to becarefull shipping a converter, I have seen that with the box numerous times. The converter just destroys the box while in transit. You need a box that will hold it in place, it can not move around at all or it will beat up the box
Old 07-30-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FedEx is a ******** company IMO.

I was out in Ohio on a job and we had a circut board ($5,000) overnighted FedEx to repair a machine. Also, this was the only board available in the country, and we needed it to get the customers brand new $150,000 machine running.

So the box comes with a HUGE hole in it (forklift). The FedEx driver then informs us we have two choices; accept the package as-is, or refuse shipment as damaged goods. We were NOT allowed to open the package, although we could (and did) easily reach our entire arm into the box to check for damage. Had the board been damaged, we could have filed a claim but who knows what kind of process that is. I just thought it was a horrible policy to deliver a package like that and not even allow the customer the opportuny to inspect the contents prior to accepting the package.

The box was about the size of a computer, weighed about 1lb, and they STILL destroyed it.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

hey i thought i was unique with the 3400/2.1 mine has worked flawlessly with 1500 miles on it and over 10 track passes and numorous 1st gear kickdowns dropped .5 second of my et and there is more there.... test and tune nights, hot humid new england air, and lack of seat time take there tolls. best time with converter in sig.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
hey i thought i was unique with the 3400/2.1 mine has worked flawlessly with 1500 miles on it and over 10 track passes and numorous 1st gear kickdowns dropped .5 second of my et and there is more there.... test and tune nights, hot humid new england air, and lack of seat time take there tolls. best time with converter in sig.
Awesome to hear! What tires are you running?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My fuddle unit is exceptional. 3000/2.0STR pulls 1.72 60' with 3800lbs race weight all day long. Best time so far is 12.2@112MPH in unopened street trim with ET DRs. In a corvette it would pull mid 1.6X 60' easy. Great converter, great price and performance. What more do you want?
Old 07-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Yup, ordered it earlier this week.

3400 2.2 should be done soon (if not today), so I hope to have it in soon after my next paycheck (next Friday). Still looking for someone locally to install the shift kit and converter because I'm doing the cooler myself. I just don't want someone who's going to rape me on price, or on the other extreme, someone who will mess up my tranny because of lack of experience. So it's hard to find someone, but I'll do it. And you can be sure that I'll post up results after I've stood on the loud pedal a couple times.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Awesome to hear! What tires are you running?
on the street 275/40/17 toyo proxes t1s, track nittos 275/40/17. on the street flooring it from a dig flashing the converter from idle it will spin for about 50 feet hook immediately shift to second. from a 5 to 20 roll it will spin 'em but doesnt hinder acceleration at all and plants ya in the seat pretty good after this season the toyos and nittos will be gone. im gonna get nittos for the street and et streets for the track. seeing as the nittos are half the price as the toyos and ill be able to hook a lot better. but im pretty much at stock power levels. just got a LM catback, lid, FRA, drop in k&n filter, and a tune. with the converter in it put down 287rwhp/325rwtq. best time is in sig, but there is a lot of improvement still left in it. more seat time, better weather, and better track prep will fix all that. and i got of 3.73 gears waiting to go in also
Old 07-31-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Damn this thread is getting me all excited....

Also, Humvee, did you have any tuning done to adjust for shiftpoints or anything?