Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uh oh symptoms....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Uh oh symptoms....

My girlfriend shattered her rear end a few weeks ago, on the launch...she went about ten feet before boom.....anyway, fast forward to today...
I just got done installing the Moser 12 bolt and I started doing the Moser break in, weight off wheels, no tires....I have my gf put it neutral and wtf, the hubs start spinning.....I have her put it in drive and the hubs speed up a little, then brake---back to neutral...wheels still spinning in neutral...I have her brake again and put it in reverse......no issue there, back to neutral, foot on brake, now, I have her put it in park...she has a little trouble and it grinds going into park. I have her go thru all the gears again with no change, still spins in neutral and grinds a little going into park.

So......did she toast her tranny too? During the 12 bolt install the car lost maybe a half a pint or a little more of fluid, could that little of fluid loss cause those symptoms?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i THINK thats normal.....the tranny has a little drag in it and it will spin in nuetral....hold the brake a little and i bet it doesnt scrub going to park.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:46 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and a buddy broke our tranny and rear on the same launch, so it is likely that the rear breaking may have shocked the tranny enough to snap a sprag or gear. I hope not, but I've heard the story many times. Good luck!!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the car on the ground and drove it, everything seems fine so far...Thanks for the replies