Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help I think I have a tranny problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help I think I have a tranny problem.

I was driving my car on the highway A4 and punched it took it to about 130mph. Everything was fine. Slowed down to 60mph and noticed that the car was like bogging. So I put the car in nuetral and revved it and it was fine so then i put back in drive and when i would push the gas pedal any more than a tap it would like struggle to move. the car still drives just not that good. I dont think it has to do with the motor bc engine idles perfect, not running hot, no noise from motor, revs in nuetral perfect, no check engine codes. also when i got off the highway and was driving on the streets to go home i noticed that i kinda hear a whine from the tranny as i accelerate and i never heard it before. before the pull on the highway my car was running in tip top shape. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Oh also its a 96 LT1 transam ws6. Thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

I think it might actually be my fuel pump. i guess ill buy the racetronix one and hope it works out.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

does this sound like it might be problem related as the opti going bad. it only has 10,000 miles on it.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well....since you have an lt1 and took it to 130 mph...given the duration of time needed to do so, you might be low on gas.

nah really my car did the same thing when my plug wires went bad (i had a 94 z28), ultimately they started arcing, which caused the car to misfire.

sounds like something fuel/ignition related. i bet your tranny is fine.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

lol hey its got all the bolt-ons it aint thatttt slow. yeah i had like 3/4 of a tank of gas. i think its the pump if not ill just change the plugs then wires then opti. thanks for all your help