Sponsored by:

TC lockup issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TC lockup issue

I ask this question in the Tune section and didn't get much;
I installed a 3.42 rear and Fuddle 3000 stall converter in my wife's C5. I had W4MP do a tune. Now when she is crusing at a steady speed around 2000 rpm, the car will occasionaly feel like the TC unlocks for a second or two. I talked the the tuner and he saids this is normal (especially on Fuddles) and it needs a shift kit. I've got a SY3500 stall and it has never done this. Does anyone have any thoughts on what needs to be done??
Old 09-10-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOTTLE ROCKET
I ask this question in the Tune section and didn't get much;
Maybe that's because your posts were 2 minutes apart.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5504748&conly=
I installed a 3.42 rear and Fuddle 3000 stall converter in my wife's C5. I had W4MP do a tune. Now when she is crusing at a steady speed around 2000 rpm, the car will occasionaly feel like the TC unlocks for a second or two. I talked the the tuner and he saids this is normal (especially on Fuddles) and it needs a shift kit. I've got a SY3500 stall and it has never done this. Does anyone have any thoughts on what needs to be done??
Your tuner is either full of crap or placed incorrect settings in the TCC Apply/Release table, which controls the lock/unlock behavior of the TCC based on TPS vs. MPH. If you are cruising at a steady state on level ground, neither TPS or MPH should change therefore the converter will not be commanded to lock/unlock. The table looks like the one attached from HP Tuners.
Attached Thumbnails TC lockup issue-tcc.jpg  
Old 09-10-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Maybe that's because your posts were 2 minutes apart.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5504748&conly=
Should have said "The tuning section of 2 OTHER forums"

Thanks for the info, now I have to convince Jessie to "try again"!!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

I take it this was a mail order tune? Jessie does great work and is a very experienced tuner. Why not call him and give him a chance instead of calling him out on this board? This is not a really hard mod to tune for, therefore I would tend to look at the quality of the parts and the quality of the install. You said Jess told you to get a shift kit. Essentially up the line pressure? At any rate how many miles were on the tranny prior to install? I have only spoke to Jess once and he seemed like a nice guy. This is not a paid political advertisement for WaitForMe tuning. I have followed his progress / experience as a tuner myself, on the boards and his accomplishments are abundant with happy customers. Once again, I tune my own vehicles and respect Jess as a tuner and a businessman so when I saw this thread I just had to put in my own .02
Old 09-10-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

After reading my own reply earlier, it sounds like I am bashing this tuner. I have no idea what he has said or done other than what is stated in this thread. My intent is not to bash him or his abilities, especially not based on partial information.

Now, with that being said... I would take a hard look at the parts that were installed for mechanical problems. As stated above, this is a very easy thing to set in the tune (basically the one table).
Old 09-12-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure where the "calling out" part came from??
I posted for some help and LS1 S replied.
The reason I posted in the 1st place was that I did call and speak with Jessie, and he said that there was notheing that could be done, except for buying a shift kit. With the thousands of TCs going in (including mine) I wanted to see if anyone else was experienceing it, and if not, what specfically could I ask Jessie to do to fix it.
LS1 S
I PM'd you
Thanks