Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TransGo Shift Kit and Corvette Servo Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TransGo Shift Kit and Corvette Servo Help!

well i recently bought a transgo shift kit for my '95 4L60E and was wondering how much does it typically run to get it installed. dont really wanna try it myself.. im 17 years old and just learning. May be buying a Corvette Servo off of ebay for like $15 shipped. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

If you have not done it before , its is best you find someone who has , Allthough Im sure you could handle the servo alone its easy , but the kits a bit more involved ,
cost on installing it will vary wildly , i have seen people say they have had it done for 100 dollars and I have seen it cost alot more , I would sugest you tell the area you live in and ask if anyone here knows anyone there who has done it ,
www.performabuilt.com
Old 10-09-2006, 07:25 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might not need the vette servo if you have a V-8 fbody. It was a standard piece on these cars. What are you running?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
You might not need the vette servo if you have a V-8 fbody. It was a standard piece on these cars. What are you running?
actually its for a 3.8L V6 Camaro

bought an aluminum ds, transgo shift kit and planning on getting the corvette servo to help my 4L60E.. V6 FBODIES FTL!

thanks performabuilt..
Old 10-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

anybody else have this kit installed.. what are the benefits, things i should look forward to and how much did you pay for install. antyhing on this subject is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

its not that hard to install. i have never done one before, and it took me 2-3 hours taking my time making sure i didnt mess anything up. the transgo instructions are very specific. it is literally a "replace the small spring with the blue spring" or "add the yellow spring to this solenoid". if you do it youself, make sure you replace the parts on the clean surface, and keep track of everything. if you follow the instructions transgo gives you, you wont mess anything up
Old 10-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 05gto60
its not that hard to install. i have never done one before, and it took me 2-3 hours taking my time making sure i didnt mess anything up. the transgo instructions are very specific. it is literally a "replace the small spring with the blue spring" or "add the yellow spring to this solenoid". if you do it youself, make sure you replace the parts on the clean surface, and keep track of everything. if you follow the instructions transgo gives you, you wont mess anything up
ahh, im so tempted but im scared that i might f*** up something.. im going to find someone that knows how to do it or take it to the shop. thanks guys
Old 10-10-2006, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Its not that i dont think you could do it but if your inexperinced or not thourgh with directions and mess up its ussually and expensive mistake is all ,Now if you get withsomeone who has or has at least had some experience with a transmission the first time then next time you will be able to do it with confidence

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Its not that i dont think you could do it but if your inexperinced or not thourgh with directions and mess up its ussually and expensive mistake is all ,Now if you get withsomeone who has or has at least had some experience with a transmission the first time then next time you will be able to do it with confidence
your 100% percent correct. i definitely agree, thanks a lot for you help and opinions. hopefully i get this installed soon along with my aluminum driveshaft and corvette servo.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Launching!

I'm still waiting on my shift kit install also but I did put in my servo and that was easy. The servo help out on that 1-2 shift for sure. Good luck with it man
Old 10-11-2006, 11:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The corvette servo will have a pretty dramatic effect on the 1-2 shift and a smaller effect on the 2-3 shift .

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: TransGo Shift Kit and Corvette Servo Help!