Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilt Trans. Question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt Trans. Question.

OK i just got my trans rebuilt with a shift kit. Only thing wrong is that it seems "sticky" once i put it in drive it hesitates to go. Like once i put it in Drive, it will go and everything, just its a lil sticky and jerky getting going (for a split sec), nothing major but idk should i have them check it out, or is it normal or what?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it may need a little break in period after about 10 miles if it still does it i would take it in....depending on the lube used sometimes takes a while for the shift valves to free up and check ***** to loosen up
Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the time of delivery, after rebuilding any transmission we ask our customers to bring the vehicle back in for an inspection after a week or two of driving... we find out very quick which of our customers care about their investment... during that inspection we discuss concerns like yours. I am sure the guys who did your work will be happy to take a look at it. And if you have any questions, they will address those concerns.

Check the fluid level, drive it a few days and if it has not changed then give them a call.

g
Old 06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by hasenbonkers
OK i just got my trans rebuilt with a shift kit. Only thing wrong is that it seems "sticky" once i put it in drive it hesitates to go. Like once i put it in Drive, it will go and everything, just its a lil sticky and jerky getting going (for a split sec), nothing major but idk should i have them check it out, or is it normal or what?
Is it doing any better today ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

nope, no better. Like, when i put it in drive, and have my foot OFF the gas, it will stay there for a sec, hesitates its way into Drive then go.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

There may be some issue with the forward clutch accumulator you should have them check it out

Call 888-744-6542