Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I lost 3rd & 4th. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I lost 3rd & 4th. Please help!

Ok, so I was going to a friends house. I was using cruise control as normal, leave the light with the pedal till about 40, then hit the resume button and cruise takes it up to 45. Only this time after a light, I hit resume, and the revs jump to like 3K and I'm hardly moving. I was like WTF, so I turn it off, and give it some gas, same thing, 3K and hardly go anywhere. So I hit a light, stop and 1st and 2nd accel normally, but I hit 3rd and revs right up to 3K instantly. It doesn't seem to shift into 4th, but if I give it some harder throttle, it revs to like 5K goes no where, then when I get off the gas, kicks real hard like the 1st to 2nd shift at WOT, but still revs to 3K before it starts to accel barely. At first I thought converter, but then that didn't make sense. I'm at a total loss. Manual shifting does nothing as far as 3rd and 4th go, but 1st and 2nd work fine. This isn't some gimmikey thing where cruise is stuck or something that would cause this is it? Please help.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Unfortunaly you have lost the 3-4 clutch pack and will need either a unit or a rebuild
If we can help give us a yell

Call 888-744-6542