Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wont shift WOT a4

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont shift WOT a4

my 94 formula lt1 a4 was sitting for 2 years or more. the guy i got it from put a new trans in it or so he says. well it shifts fine regular driving, but in WOT itl go to the rev limiter and just sit there an wont shift. an start sputtering, the car has a 2 year old full tank of fuel. it has a slow leak coming from a steel line on the passenger side witch i believe is the cooler?, well what do you think is wrong? what can i look for that might be causing it.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine will does this but its a built tranny and tuned that way....and only does it it when wot 3-4.......your problem sounds different
Old 07-21-2007, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see you're knocking off the mothballs! To begin with... get that fuel out of there! 2 yr gasoline right? Man, that's not good at best... you are risking serious detonation issues.

Have the transmission fluid and filter changed. Actually... have all the fluids changed. Get the leak reparired and then take it out and try that WOT hit again.

What converter is in it? What gear? What engine h/p? Power adder?

g
Old 07-21-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put a gas treatment in it.. but iv never in my life seen any additive work. yea its over 2 years old. i changed the oil yesterday.

i will do that. im gonna tear into it monday. the fluid on the dip stick looks good. still light pink and smells normal.

as far as i know its the stock converter, stock gears, lt1, no power adder. stock. it has a flowmaster catback, so its probly robbing horsepressure