Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions!!!

I have a 2000 Camaro SS with H/C/I and full bolt ons. the tranny has been upgraded to (supposedly) hold 700+whp. it has a yank 3600 stall and a transgo shift kit. the tranny first died from a installation error when the keyways were not lined up and the pump was cracked. the next trans issue was that after it was "finished" being fixed it wouldn't go into lock up. the misfire codes were still in from the tune so that was fixed. tranny seemed fine for a bit and then boom! the planetary's exploded. out of cautiousness i had the stall gutted and rebuilt and got the new hardened planetary's and 3-4 clutch pack then 400-500 miles later there goes 3-4 clutch pack. i was told the band or the clutch material had caused it. got it replaced and the tranny just seemed wrong, like really sluggish and it would hesitate going from 3-4 so i took it back to my car guy and they put a better built-up tranny in it I.E. hardened planetary's, corvette cervo, kevlar bands etc. its a beast and will break the tires loose going in to third. however, the tranny won't go into lock up and i am being told that because of this the trans cooler isn't able to function because it runs off of TC lock up is this correct? the tranny guy says this will burn up the tranny pretty quick and that i should check the tune. all the electrical stuff has been ohms checked and the tune has been done. both check out fine but the tuner can't even manually select TC lock up. now i am being told that the Converter is probably the cause. i am looking to see if anyone has any knowledge of anything like this and if so how was it fixed? i am lost as to the trans cooler not being able to function unless the tc lock up is working, to me it doesn't make sense but i am not a gear head by anymeans so please help me understand what thats all about. i am pretty pissed at the whole ordeal cause i was in the desert for a 4 month deployment and expected my car to be finished. it was supposedly ,but here i am back for 3 months and my car has been on the road for about 2 weeks total and its still being worked on to figure out whats wrong. i have no doubt it can be fixed and that the problem is probably not out of the ordinary but after it being dealt with by 3 parties its still not fixed WTF? as i said before any input is appreciated. thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Send me and email and ill send you a test to verify that lockup cant or cant work from a trans/converter position. As for cooler flow you will still have cooler flow without lockup however without lockup the converter will generate considerable heat and may eventually damage the trans.
Send email for the test to performabuilt@yahoo.com

Call 888-744-6542