Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help ? About Trans Cooler Lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help ? About Trans Cooler Lines

Ok I just mounted a trans cooler in my car and have the lines hanging there. I was wondering which line is the return line and hou you guys hooked all the lines up. I have a 4l60e and it appears from the b&m instructions that the return line is the one that comes from the top of the radiator. I just want to make sure of that also di you have tha line comming from the return line of the radiator go to the top or bottm line of your trans cooler. I have the car up on jacks right now so please any info asap will be awsome.
Thanks
-Brian
Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Just did a cooler on my 4l60 too. We decided that the hard line is the pressurized one going into the radiator the other is the return. We also choose to put the cooler after the radiator to help it cool down after its goes through the hot coolant. It doesnt really matter what side of the cooler the fluid enters or exits. Just make sure you tighten all those clamps really good. My friend forgot one and the next day i was pouring tranny fluid all over the parking lot (lost about a quart).
Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Teching In

so by pressurized line do you mean the one going into the top of the radiator or the bottom. I think I need to tap into the top line and then go into my tranny cooler.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with going through the radiator first if you are not bypassing it. At the transmission there are obviously two lines coming from it. The bottom line is the pressure and the top is the return. I would make sure the from your auxiliary cooler this top line is the one that is linked to you new added cooler.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

The hard (pressurized line) is the one with the metal clamps and screw in the bottom of the radiator. I dont think it really matters what side of the radiator u put the cooler on. I just thought that since that coolant is hot anyways puttin after the radiator would help it just that little bit more.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

actually just went out there on my back and i think the line that goes into the top is the only one you tap into anyways.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Thanks I searched while I was waiting and a couple other people said the same thing. I just hooked it up and I am ready to start it for a couple seconds to look for any leaks. Thanks a lot
Old 10-07-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

I'd also check over the next couple days a few times a day. When i had my major leak it wasnt until the next day on my way to school that i noticed it was shiftin a little weird. Lost over a quart like i said, its just smart to keep an eye on your car for a little bit after you do any modification.