Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny broke....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny broke....

I read a few of the other posts, not exactly sure if I am having the same problem, sounds the same but not because blowing up the rear end or anything. Driving to a cruise in last Friday and for some reason OD started to rev like neutral then I yank it into 3rd and same deal but I was able to get 2nd. So cruising down the interstate in second was interesting. I do have a 2600 stall but the tranny has been driving fine. Every once and a while when getting on it the 3/4th shift was slow as hell and I would have to ease up on the gas to let 'er shift. Didn't really drive her during the winter and took my time the past few months. The fluid color is red with a little black floating in there and didn't smell burnt to me. I have a buddy that is going to hook me up with his tranny from his 02. The only problem is the stall he ran at the time tore up the end of the input shaft so I gotta swap my input drum (if that is the correct terminology) into his. His tranny only had 10k miles before he did a 6spd swap. Mine had 67k and a fluid/filter change about 10k ago.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thanks

Matt
Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

More than likely you lost your 3-4 clutch set and unfortunately that also located in the input drum so either way you go you will be repairing that parts of the trans.

Call 888-744-6542