Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter spacing

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Converter spacing

I have been told that there needs to be less than .190" or so between the converter pads and the flexplate. I took two separate measurements when the tranny was out: converter pads to front of bell housing when the converter was all the way in the tranny and i also measure from the motor to the front of the flexplate where the converter bolts mount. After subtracting these numbers on my totally stock setup I came up with 0.23" and on my aftermarket setup I came up with 0.228". I will measure this aftermarket setup once I get it bolted up to the tranny. Why could my stock setup be more than what is recommended?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at this thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...738&highlight=
Old 08-07-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this was the thread that i got most of my info from. both of my setups, stock and aftermarket, are really close in terms of spacing but they are both well over the limits. i will measure when i get the trans mounted to the engine and see if the numbers changed. i guess one measurement is always more accurate than two separate ones and then subtracting numbers.