Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Jon Kaase Modular 4v wins Engine Masters...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
We've gone over this a million times in the past years, you are a fanboy (not as much as the others, but it still bothers you to see people poke fun at mustangs, you can never play along).
You join a GM site (supposedly to look at fbody stuff) yet you only post if its mustang or honda related, and you constantly defend and make excuses no matter the subject. I like some mustangs as well but you don't see me crying here or the SRK section when a GM guy trolls saying mach1s run 15s, but everyone does see you post immediately correcting them instead of laughing along with them as the other mustang fanboys loose sleep and get their panties in a wad.

Because thats the one that you nutswingers circle jerk to because it "can make so much power".
I can play along, you just have selective attention. If somebody is trolling I correct them, call them a dumbass, and generally move on. The reason you hear all these people spewing BS and you look at them like they're a moron for not knowing something you think they should know if they're a car guy, is people of the spread of misinformation. Intentional and otherwise. I do the same thing on the Focus ST board I'm on when they say something incorrect about another car (was just talking about C4 Corvettes a few weeks ago, actually), the 9th gen Civic forum I'm on (was looking into a Civic Si before the Focus), etc. I don't really go on SVTP anymore because it's so full of trolls, though I never really posted much there anyway. There's no "supposedly" about it, I came here looking for a 4th gen F-body. My wreck was a month later, and after it was determined I wasn't going to have a bike anymore it made the most financial sense to return my truck to the same dealership I leased it from to find a car that would at least hold my attention for a while. I said I would never get another 2V 4.6 Mustang, but the yellow car was there and it was flawless so I bought that cash while taking a much-smaller hit for the mileage on my truck than I would have otherwise. I did not come here to troll, I came here because of my desire for an F-body. I stayed here because of the diverse community and SR&K section.

You talk about me jumping into every Mustang/Honda thread, but apparently you haven't taken a look at how many Mustang/Honda threads there are in the SRK section, or the other threads I post in that have absolutely nothing to do with either of those. I have no concern of what you think of me, I promise, so I will continue posting freely as I have done in the past. The people that don't have their heads stuck up their asses while looking through rose-colored lenses (PSM, Mike Morris, JayPlay, and the majority of the rest of the forum) know that I am far from a fanboy, LEAST of all a Mustang fanboy. The people that can't seem to dislodge their heads if they try (you, Hio, and fewer others than you may think) will always see me as a "Ford fanboy" for whatever reason, and there is very obviously nothing I can do about. Nor do I care to try anymore, because I already know what you are thinking while reading this response. Oh well, no skin off my ***.

And btw, the aluminum Teksid 4.6 blocks can handle more power than the iron blocks.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And btw, the aluminum Teksid 4.6 blocks can handle more power than the iron blocks.
Who knew?? It only handles about 500-750 more...

I really don't know how much more, but I'm convinced it's a whole bunch... way into the 100's. On the other hand, lower the compression enough and plenty of blocks handle power we wouldn't expect.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
You're the only person I've seen actually faulting it for that.

Most people aren't really interested in having the most cubic inches, particularly when an engine such as the new 5L can handle sending them into the 7's on the 1/4 mile already. There's little need for more, to say the least. Obviously, most people would be perfectly happy with 8's... 10's suit most people for a DD and that's no problem.

For anyone truly interested in more cubes from a Ford, they can buy the 6.2L and make it a HOG at up to 7.5L and we already know it fits into a Mustang, so it will fit many vehicles. Plus, it could make upward of 1,000hp. Pretty clearly, most people don't feel any need.

Plus, they could go old school and use a 460 based build... 6's
At some point it's a hindrance when making n/a power.

But of course you switch it back and forth to try to meet your point.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:53 AM
TECH Addict

As I said, you're the only one...

Most of the country's Mustang buyers know about F.I. and don't care what N/A limitations there may be. I've not been switching anything. I've been saying this the whole time, but you don't like it.

Perhaps the biggest irritation for you is the simple fact that there are other choices than an LS, some of which perform so well, there's no argument left against them aside from liking the LS. Simply put, there's always been engines that make more power than the LS, since its 1st day and there's never been a day since when that wasn't the case. Bandwagon all you want. It is what it is.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 AM
10 Second Club

I can play along, you just have selective attention. If somebody is trolling I correct them, call them a dumbass, and generally move on. The reason you hear all these people spewing BS and you look at them like they're a moron for not knowing something you think they should know if they're a car guy, is people of the spread of misinformation. Intentional and otherwise. I do the same thing on the Focus ST board I'm on when they say something incorrect about another car (was just talking about C4 Corvettes a few weeks ago, actually), the 9th gen Civic forum I'm on (was looking into a Civic Si before the Focus), etc. I don't really go on SVTP anymore because it's so full of trolls, though I never really posted much there anyway. There's no "supposedly" about it, I came here looking for a 4th gen F-body. My wreck was a month later, and after it was determined I wasn't going to have a bike anymore it made the most financial sense to return my truck to the same dealership I leased it from to find a car that would at least hold my attention for a while. I said I would never get another 2V 4.6 Mustang, but the yellow car was there and it was flawless so I bought that cash while taking a much-smaller hit for the mileage on my truck than I would have otherwise. I did not come here to troll, I came here because of my desire for an F-body. I stayed here because of the diverse community and SR&K section.

You talk about me jumping into every Mustang/Honda thread, but apparently you haven't taken a look at how many Mustang/Honda threads there are in the SRK section, or the other threads I post in that have absolutely nothing to do with either of those. I have no concern of what you think of me, I promise, so I will continue posting freely as I have done in the past. The people that don't have their heads stuck up their asses while looking through rose-colored lenses (PSM, Mike Morris, JayPlay, and the majority of the rest of the forum) know that I am far from a fanboy, LEAST of all a Mustang fanboy. The people that can't seem to dislodge their heads if they try (you, Hio, and fewer others than you may think) will always see me as a "Ford fanboy" for whatever reason, and there is very obviously nothing I can do about. Nor do I care to try anymore, because I already know what you are thinking while reading this response. Oh well, no skin off my ***.

Who knew?? It only handles about 500-750 more...

I really don't know how much more, but I'm convinced it's a whole bunch... way into the 100's. On the other hand, lower the compression enough and plenty of blocks handle power we wouldn't expect.
Funny that you 2 yak about how power the block will handle......500-750 more???? LOL That engine struggles to make the power n/a that you claim the additional gap is.

I'll break it down for you 2......If they were so great I would be able to go buy a k-member to fit one in my camaro.

If they were so great you would see guys pulling the mod motors out of pick up trucks and running them into the 8's with a stock bottom

But they are not......that's why you don't see that stuff.

BTW...you 2 are ford fanboys and probably jealous that my Mustang I nicer than yours.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 AM
10 Second Club

As I said, you're the only one...

Most of the country's Mustang buyers know about F.I. and don't care what N/A limitations there may be. I've not been switching anything. I've been saying this the whole time, but you don't like it.

Perhaps the biggest irritation for you is the simple fact that there are other choices than an LS, some of which perform so well, there's no argument left against them aside from liking the LS. Simply put, there's always been engines that make more power than the LS, since its 1st day and there's never been a day since when that wasn't the case. Bandwagon all you want. It is what it is.
You switched several times. As I have said before......ANY engine can make power when air is being forced threw it. That's not a great accomplishment. Especially when it's pretty well known not to run the average modular over 450 wheel or it will spill it's guts.

How am I the only one???? You yourself said in this tread someone could use the 6.2 and stroke it to 7.0. If what I said was not true then you would not even acknowledge that.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Funny that you 2 yak about how power the block will handle......500-750 more???? LOL That engine struggles to make the power n/a that you claim the additional gap is.

I'll break it down for you 2......If they were so great I would be able to go buy a k-member to fit one in my camaro.

If they were so great you would see guys pulling the mod motors out of pick up trucks and running them into the 8's with a stock bottom

BTW...you 2 are ford fanboys and probably jealous that my Mustang I nicer than yours.
You're merely trying to start another argument, jumping in talking about something nobody else is, but using our conversation as a ruse to bring nonsense...

You switched several times. As I have said before......ANY engine can make power when air is being forced threw it. That's not a great accomplishment. Especially when it's pretty well known not to run the average modular over 450 wheel or it will spill it's guts.
How does the last "sentence" remotely compare to the 2nd and 3rd? It doesn't.

Regardless, I haven't switched anything here. I've always said the same things in this regard and if not, show me, like I showed the other day, where I did???

How am I the only one????
Because nobody else is saying it, obviously.
You yourself said in this tread someone could use the 6.2 and stroke it to 7.0.
So what?

If what I said was not true then you would not even acknowledge that.
I wasn't merely acknowledging. Instead, I was pointing out the obvious reality that it can be done, just like GM did to the LS series.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:56 PM
***Repost Police***

.If they were so great I would be able to go buy a k-member to fit one in my camaro.
Surprise!! Like I said Doug, same ****.
You're merely trying to start another argument, jumping in talking about something nobody else is, but using our conversation as a ruse to bring nonsense...
Good ole Doug.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Just as I thought. From you 2......more of nothing.

My wife was setting here when I replied to you 2. She asked " Why don't those guys go to a ford site if they like them so much?" I just laughed.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Just as I thought. From you 2......more of nothing.
It's not more of nothing. It's that you have no legitimate debate to counter us, like always. Next, you'll be telling the world how stupid we are, having still not offered anything to bolster your case.

My wife was setting here when I replied to you 2. She asked " Why don't those guys go to a ford site if they like them so much?" I just laughed.
I just laughed as I read that and thought, "Stop laughing at that woman! She's never said a word to you." Tell her like you tell everyone else... Wertustoopit.

Then tell her I wonder why you come to this site... makes ya look like a fool almost everyday... Then again, I'm not married to your wife, so... donno which is worse... So far, I only feel sorry for her.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Just goes to show, there's someone for everyone.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

As long as I don't have to know his name, I'm gonna be okay...
Old 02-11-2014, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Just tell her to go look up the definition of "troll". I am sure there is a picture of each of them.

Now for the waste of O2 Trolls.

Blah, Blah Blah, Ford this and Ford that on a GM site. Ford makes some good motors too, but so does GM. Get over it, they are not the be all, end all. Never will be.

I have very good friends that are Ford die hards and do own fast Fords, like new GT500s, but they do not troll on GM sites, nor do I on Ford sites. But guys with FA, come trolling along.

BTW, neither seem to want to tangle with my little NA motor on a Road Course. They are willing to try it on the drag strip, but they both know it went 10.7 with 100 less hp at the same weight. I am pretty sure my little light weight motor will do fine there too.

BTW, how much are the headers worth on this Mod motor (16 tubes, not 8) and please tell what car would they ever fit in. The motor with headers look as wide as the Mustang it came from. Hell they are to big for a Top Fueler. I bet those are worth 75hp alone with all the scavenging they are getting. I have seen lots of dyno headers, but those take the cake.

Now go run along to a Ford Edge or Focus website. Wrong Forum, hell wrong Website.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Just tell her to go look up the definition of "troll". I am sure there is a picture of each of them.
I don't even think Doug would go so far as to call me a "troll." You must not actually know what that word means.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can play along, you just have selective attention.
Really? When was the last time you let a mustang insult slip by you? When were you able to laugh it off, again for example people clearly trolling to **** off the mustang fanboys saying Mach1s run 15s (or whatever). When was the last time you played along?
Now on the flip side when was the last time you corrected a troll on Fbodies on here? Before you say "Well, I didn't have to, they knew it was trolling". Think back and apply that to the Mustang comments. The ONLY people correcting the guys trolling on mustangs here are the fanboys, the sole purpose of it is to **** them off and have them throw a **** fit.

If somebody is trolling I correct them, call them a dumbass, and generally move on. The reason you hear all these people spewing BS and you look at them like they're a moron for not knowing something you think they should know if they're a car guy, is people of the spread of misinformation.
Amen. But it goes both ways, not just against mustangs and hondas.

I don't really go on SVTP anymore because it's so full of trolls, though I never really posted much there anyway.
Who would have thought...

There's no "supposedly" about it, I came here looking for a 4th gen F-body. My wreck was a month later, and after it was determined I wasn't going to have a bike anymore it made the most financial sense to return my truck to the same dealership I leased it from to find a car that would at least hold my attention for a while. I said I would never get another 2V 4.6 Mustang, but the yellow car was there and it was flawless so I bought that cash while taking a much-smaller hit for the mileage on my truck than I would have otherwise. I did not come here to troll, I came here because of my desire for an F-body. I stayed here because of the diverse community and SR&K section.
Whatever you say.

You talk about me jumping into every Mustang/Honda thread, but apparently you haven't taken a look at how many Mustang/Honda threads there are in the SRK section,
Yeah because of how many these LS1 drag around like rag dolls
Regardless its irrelevant how many threads there are because YOU choose to post in all of them correcting people. The only thing you say in non honda/mustang threads is "nice kill" or "nice car".
The people that don't have their heads stuck up their asses while looking through rose-colored lenses (PSM, Mike Morris, JayPlay, and the majority of the rest of the forum) know that I am far from a fanboy, LEAST of all a Mustang fanboy.
I bet if you ask around you might be surprised. Like I said you are on the lesser end of fanboyism, and no where near the retardation that the other are infected with. (take it as a compliment, you are knowledgeable unlike them)

Replace "LS" with "mod motor", and then realize you are on a GM forum, people might just be a little biased toward GM stuff.
The only reason I can think of going with a mod motor over an LS is if I wanted to build a "ford only" type of car, or I wanted to boost the **** out of it in displacement limited racing.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You'd need more than a k-member. That plus hacking the **** out of the shock towers and firewall to fit that pig. Then your stuck with an extra 200lbs of mass with less power...
Physical size doesn't matter...oh wait...

Or you'd see them in supercars, various swapped engine cars, planes, boats, and just about everything else.
But for some weird reason you don't. Its almost like they are too big and heavy, and overall not anything special...hmm...
Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You'd need more than a k-member. That plus hacking the **** out of the shock towers and firewall to fit that pig. Then your stuck with an extra 200lbs of mass with less power...
Physical size doesn't matter...oh wait...

Or you'd see them in supercars, various swapped engine cars, planes, boats, and just about everything else.
But for some weird reason you don't. Its almost like they are too big and heavy, and overall not anything special...hmm...
Koenigsegg . But that is not the point. Just because you deem one motor to be better (in the majority of situations), that does not by default make a competitors motor "suck." The problem is, if you've seen some of the stuff people say here (being completely serious), you'd think the 4.6 was a 2.8 V6 from an '86 Firebird. Like the stuff (for example), Doug/Hio says. To turn around what you said earlier, I've never seen you contradict anything that he has said. EVERYBODY contradicts Doug on basically everything he says, including GM guys and moderators. I try to be as objective as I possibly can be when talking about other cars, but like it or not I do have more first-hand experience with Mustangs. People tend to talk more about things they have personal experience with. I do not, however, have the stink of illogical bias following me around like other members. That is what I would describe as being a "fanboy." I don't belittle other people's cars, I don't belittle other brands because I try to keep an open mind, and I don't think that people who do things differently than me are wasting their time or "stupid" for driving whatever car they are driving. So why don't you address those people first? Unless you won't do it because some of them own GM cars, and this is "where they belong."
Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Blah, Blah Blah, Ford this and Ford that on a GM site. Ford makes some good motors too, but so does GM. Get over it, they are not the be all, end all. Never will be.
Again with the 12yr old "but this is a GM site" garbage. Talk about a need to get over it.

Who's been saying GM doesn't make good engines? None of us. I've said hundreds of times, the LS based serious is outstanding, including the LS1 with all ifs deficiencies compared to nearly all other LS based engines.

I have very good friends that are Ford die hards and do own fast Fords, like new GT500s, but they do not troll on GM sites, nor do I on Ford sites. But guys with FA, come trolling along.
I'm not even sure what FA is supposed to mean and I've been here quite a day or two. I don't go troll Ford sites either, congratulations! I haven't even posted on a Ford site in so long I literally cannot remember the last.

BTW, neither seem to want to tangle with my little NA motor on a Road Course. They are willing to try it on the drag strip, but they both know it went 10.7 with 100 less hp at the same weight. I am pretty sure my little light weight motor will do fine there too.
Neither of what, your friends? I don't know or care what modifications you've done to your car, but if you're trying to brag because you think it will beat 2 Mustangs, whatever. If it performs as well as you claim, you've got a very nice performing car. Most people don't go so deep into the aftermarket and you obviously did well with the parts choices. On the other hand, for all I know it can't run a 10 lap race.

BTW, how much are the headers worth on this Mod motor (16 tubes, not 8) and please tell what car would they ever fit in. The motor with headers look as wide as the Mustang it came from. Hell they are to big for a Top Fueler. I bet those are worth 75hp alone with all the scavenging they are getting. I have seen lots of dyno headers, but those take the cake.
The reason I responded... You're judging them ALL based on 1 engines headers... The 2nd and 3rd place finishers, from the looks, EACH made more power than the eventual winner.... They didn't have those headers. That said, I'm thinking the headers aren't nearly as big a deal as the few of you are making them out to be.

Now go run along to a Ford Edge or Focus website. Wrong Forum, hell wrong Website.
blah blah blah... Complain to ACTUAL management rather than preaching to the choir... wait... you'll get the EXACT result.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

blah blah blah... Complain to ACTUAL management rather than preaching to the choir... wait... you'll get the EXACT result.
Out of interest, I had a look at your history of posts on this GM website.

Guess what, 3 pages of 5.0/Mach 1/Mod Motor drivel. Go figure. So no useful input.

Look at mine, suggestions of my experience with motor/suspension/drive line successes and failures, to help other GM owners. Not even the typical I know a guy or I read on the internet. Positive input for the members.

Now look in the mirror and ask which one is more useful to the site and its users. You know the answer, as we all do. I think adding positive things to the world is better than negative. Even this post is to try and get something positive added, and stop the negative.

Do I like reading a little about the competition, yes I do. So I am not criticizing this topic being posted.

As for FA, it means: F' all is what you appear to be driving that is related to GM, or even performance cars for that matter, but come in here thumping your chest with Ford this and Ford that. Again please reference the above 3 pages of Ford Drivel posts by you.

As for my mods, look at my sig below for a little insight, then imagine everything and the kitchen sink required to support over 700hp for straight lines and fast corners. I have had the car since new in 98 and been modding it since 2004. I have a little hands on experience.

My DD runs low 13s@108 with a CAI and I bet it may have been mentioned once in my 1400 posts, and it is neither a Ford or GM. BTW, yes there is a Ford in my driveway as well, my wifes, and I picked it out. So I have nothing against Ford.

So even my stock non GM DD is likely faster than your Ford and I do not pound my chest about it to the GM guys, as I know it is not useful to the people on this site.

Anyway, that is why I pointed this out, you needed it to be pointed out what you say here has next to zero value for the people on this site.

Quick Reply: Jon Kaase Modular 4v wins Engine Masters...