Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Your car manufacturer says you do not own your car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Your car manufacturer says you do not own your car.

according to GM , Ford, and even John Deere, you do not own your car, you are only buying a license to operate your car from the manufacturer. This is the law under the DCMA and manufacturers are lobbying to get it passed.

That would mean if you make any modifications to your car, they could prosecute you under the DCMA.

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/dmca-ownership-john-deere/
Old 04-21-2015, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Cool.....they can reinburse me all the taxes i paid on the car over the years.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dont let this happen ! !

The wife sent me this link knowing I like to modify everything we buy and thought id like to read it.

I am passing it on and yall please do the same because this CAN NOT happen!!!

http://www.infowars.com/automakers-w...heir-own-cars/

There has got to be something we can do to keep this from taking place!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is crap man!!!

I just posted a thread about this as well but its a little different but same topic, they are attacking the aftermarket and gearheads now.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by usaf_hess
This is crap man!!!

I just posted a thread about this as well but its a little different but same topic, they are attacking the aftermarket and gearheads now.
I can see why they are doing it but it shouldn't matter since once the warranty has been void it's not their problem. I see you are from Quinlan I am in Greenville. Small world
Old 04-21-2015, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I can see why they want to copyright and hold on to their research and development but this is going too far!

Agreed once any warranty or contract(paid in full) is up or void then its not theirs anymore. I can see an argument of aftermarket tuners and such copying their software and using it for tunes and selling to the general public for profit but that's kind of a gray area.

Should the designers of the vehicles that GM, Ford, Dodge(FIAT now), John Deere and the like sue the manufacturers for changing their designs for the final product? I understand that is a tad different but its still a design an individual or group of individuals came up with and "the man" changed it then sold for profit.

I am by no means an expert or even knowledgeable individual on anything legal but im pretty sure the consumer has rights too and again part of that is after we have paid for a product in full it is no longer the property or the manufacturer or lien holder in that case.

Are they gonna say the lien holder doesn't own it either? SO two parties have purchased this same license of ownership?

EDIT: yeah small world for sure, the wife daughter and I have recently moved back. Started out here and got stationed in Tucson AZ for 6 years then we moved back.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

welcome to the new world order. you don't own anything. the banksters own it all
Old 04-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Launch
welcome to the new world order. you don't own anything. the banksters own it all
Yup, this boils my blood. Just another reason to get arrested, another excuse for searching and seizing your property, another finger on the hand around our necks..
Old 04-22-2015, 04:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by usaf_hess
This is crap man!!!

Theyve done some of this **** in australia... sort of... now im not in the state of queensland but apparently an illegal mod is marked against your name in queensland, if you keep getting busted for that, they take the car and sell it off, you get nothing.

Now if theyve done it in OZ, it could well be a test run so they can apply it elsewhere. Because thats how they roll. Agendas come from globalist think tanks these days, autonomous govts are becoming a thing of the past.

Aside from what theyve done in the state of queensland, its very easy for the government in oz to take your car and sell it off, like if you spin the wheels a little off the lights or something and a cop sees you, its nothing like the USA with cars, and its affected everybody who is into cars, whether they admit it or not.

The politician who inacted the above 'acts' sticks his beak into alot of places globally now that he's left office as a state premier (which was equivalent to a US state govenor ) and he aint the only red ozzy politician hanging out with your policy passers.

Last edited by rain man; 04-22-2015 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Cool.....they can reinburse me all the taxes i paid on the car over the years.
^ I'm gonna start billing GM for my personal property tax.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6inMIAMI
Yup, this boils my blood. Just another reason to get arrested, another excuse for searching and seizing your property, another finger on the hand around our necks..
they want y'all weaponless and driving push bikes. I live in aussie land. this is so obviously their testing ground for the rest of their planet

all fun and games for the banking cabal. they cant leave earth so all they got remaining is to enslave their fellow man
Old 04-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Launching!

This is something else man, this better not pass. If one company does it the others will follow. The only way to stop it would be boycotting.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Launch
they want y'all weaponless and driving push bikes. I live in aussie land. this is so obviously their testing ground for the rest of their planet

all fun and games for the banking cabal. they cant leave earth so all they got remaining is to enslave their fellow man
How are you getting the banks being to blame out of this? This is the manufacturers not the banks...
Old 04-26-2015, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

The ironic part is we are all discussing this on computers that we do not own the software.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another reason why I will only buy used cars from now on.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I figure worst case this would lead to the rise of aftermarket PCMs. No messing with the factory PCM or copyrighted software, just use your own computer. Take that lol.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I sort of get why they are doing it, but I like the tinkering.

My SRT8 has a device installed that works on the CAN Bus network in the car. The programming allows it to turn the ABS into a line lock by running the ABS pumps to the front brakes only. This could really go wrong if someone screwed up. It will modify shift programming as well.

For my Formula, I have Big Stuff 3 piggy backed onto the stock computer and they share information. Works well, but the stock computer is basically stock other than gearing for the speedo.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
How are you getting the banks being to blame out of this? This is the manufacturers not the banks...
Grab a clue and maybe look at who some powerful 'politicians' mingle with in their personal life. Begin with the CLINTONS perhaps.. http://cdns.yournewswire.com/wp-cont...lt-700x350.jpg

Your TV is lying to you and tricking you. That was their entire point of creating the TELL-LIE-VISION.

And yes, they are BANKERS that own most of the major corporations.. they own the banks, the federal one's at that, even your political choice is merely an illusion, you are fooled into thinking you have a choice, when in fact they are all puppets and friends and/or relatives of international mafia (banking families/royals) and they are all "ACTING" like Hollywood actors a big role into tricking you that your vote matters for anything but dog ****.

Carry on being asleep with your 'American dream(ing)' and y'all will end up like my country where they steal your car for hitting the throttle....

Wake up or continue sleeping, sometimes the only way to wake up is after a bad ******* nightmare.. and we are on our way, you in the USA just aren't there yet, but don't worry, you will be, because the powers that be of late are more mentally handicapped than ever before in human history and enough people that matter are onto their POLI-TRICKS
Old 08-03-2016, 08:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rain man
Theyve done some of this **** in australia... sort of... now im not in the state of queensland but apparently an illegal mod is marked against your name in queensland, if you keep getting busted for that, they take the car and sell it off, you get nothing.

Now if theyve done it in OZ, it could well be a test run so they can apply it elsewhere. Because thats how they roll. Agendas come from globalist think tanks these days, autonomous govts are becoming a thing of the past.

Aside from what theyve done in the state of queensland, its very easy for the government in oz to take your car and sell it off, like if you spin the wheels a little off the lights or something and a cop sees you, its nothing like the USA with cars, and its affected everybody who is into cars, whether they admit it or not.

The politician who inacted the above 'acts' sticks his beak into alot of places globally now that he's left office as a state premier (which was equivalent to a US state govenor ) and he aint the only red ozzy politician hanging out with your policy passers.
That politician, Mike RUNN?, or some such ****, never had a drivers licence, at 40+ years old. Yet enacted all of these vehicle "LAWS". "ACTS" if you will, because they're all "acts". Acts of slime against humanity. **** with people one way, then spin **** around and **** with em another way. While they sit back and take their divide and conquer techniques to their banks.

And in doing all of the above laws you mentioned, that dumb **** (who supposed to be educated intelligent) managed to help close down our own General Motors and Ford plants here in Australia, with these "LAWS" being one reason as to the sales flop of their vehicles. But the mentally ill politicians here in Australia won't hear one word of such ludicrousy though, that their "HOON LAWS" had any part to play with that.. even though WE know.... WE know who bought these new vehicles, over 20% being performance v8's and turbo 6's, and then they'd throw more thousands at them in factory performance parts. At least 30% of them were car enthusiasts, or now CRIMINALS rather.

If you are reading you bunch of dumb **** aussie politicians, go suck Evelyn De Rothschilds trillionaire dick you ******* retards, he drops your entire net worths at brunch. Keep that up until your commonwealth of Australia profits dwindle down to "what have we done" and your **** hole island is the global joke.... wait, it almost already is, those who actually visit and spend good time here see what lies in plain sight.

Their aussie cancer has spread global but the americans won't fold and roll over to it, and they're scratching their heads as to why, and as to why their 'just incase' puppet Trump is so popular when what they really want is 350 million americans to be like aussies that bend over and give in their guns, hand in their corvettes to the police and roll over and die to make way for a billion chinese and indian peasants who work for 2 cents per day.

THESE BANKING ELITE ARE LUNATICS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER AND WHEN Y'ALL WAKE UP TO IT, WHICH YOU WILL, WE'RE GOING TO SEE SOME SERIOUS ****
Old 08-03-2016, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

Quick Reply: Your car manufacturer says you do not own your car.