Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Subaru Legacy GT...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Subaru Legacy GT...

Though, it probably won't hit the US shores until 09 (if at all), Subaru is starting to push the performance envelope a bit more with it's model line up. Not too many styling changes from the Current Legacy, but the right-drive model gets a bit of an upgrade on suspension with STi tuning.

Pricing, if it hits out shores, will probably be mid 30s, and a bit more affordable than the BMW 3 series, and inline with the base model CTS. Power comes from the Jap 2.0L motor and pumps out 280 horse. If it comes to the US shores, it'd most likely be powered by the 2.5L version. Trans is offered with either a 6spd manaual or a paddel shifted 5 spd auto, with rev match control. 3 driver selectable power modes.

Depending upon what Subaru does with Impreza line, this could be a very nice family car, and a VERY nice sleeper. Should be some what interesting in the next year from the AWD brand.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/08/...tion-in-japan/

Old 01-11-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. I have sent Subaru several e-mails telling them to bring the Legacy STi to the states.
Of course, I also told them to quit messing with the little 2.0 and 2.5 motors and turbocharge the 3.0L six cylinder from the SUV and put that into the Imprezza and Legacy .
Old 01-12-2007, 08:52 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
I agree. I have sent Subaru several e-mails telling them to bring the Legacy STi to the states.
Of course, I also told them to quit messing with the little 2.0 and 2.5 motors and turbocharge the 3.0L six cylinder from the SUV and put that into the Imprezza and Legacy .
No doubt on the H-6. The only thing is...their super conservative marking. I just hope they don't f-up the new impreza line too much.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

STi Legacy would be nice. Ever since the new Legacy came out it has occupied this strange place in the corner of my brain. I don't really know why, but I just like it for some reason.

On a side note, I'm a big fan of Subaru (might be why I have that aforementioned notch in my brain... ) and I would just love to see what they could do with a turbo H-6 in a performance platform.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:11 AM
On The Tree

The Legacy GT is a great car. It's definitely in my running for next major car purchas.e
Old 01-14-2007, 01:48 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
STi Legacy would be nice. Ever since the new Legacy came out it has occupied this strange place in the corner of my brain. I don't really know why, but I just like it for some reason.

On a side note, I'm a big fan of Subaru (might be why I have that aforementioned notch in my brain... ) and I would just love to see what they could do with a turbo H-6 in a performance platform.
Crawford Performance (well respected Subaru shop/engine builder group) has been experimenting with them. I think the last time I checked, there was talk of 600 horse off pump gas with a GT35R and a fair amount of bost. Don't remember if that is correct, but...there is a whole other world out there for that if someone spends the time, money and R&D work to do it. It would be beastly.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:55 PM
14 Second Truck Club

My brother has a Legacy Spec V, pretty nice car with the nav and all the other gadgets. Not my style but it is pretty nice on the inside and looks very good from the outside. Could use more power though.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

they shouldve put a turbo h6 in it instead

Quick Reply: Subaru Legacy GT...