Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My build with pics....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the garage man, super clean.....wish i could make mine that clean lol

ps like the build
Old 09-29-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Killer Garage!!!!

And who made your pillar pod??? I want one!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Sick build. Mind if I ask why you decided to drop that much coin on a v1 when you could have just bought a v2. Not being a dick I'm just curious that's quite a chunk of change. Is there something you prefer from the first gen?
I'm guessing he wants big NA power.... I dont know the OP at all, just a shot in the dark.

Originally Posted by raven154
It's probably paid off! Mine will be paid for this tax season. Then maybe I'll have some more play money.
Thats the truth! I've always questioned people who heavily mod their cars while still holding a note. I'll be the first to admit I'm a conservative "square", but lets assume the worst and you blow a motor, you're going to be paying the note plus a new motor. No thanks. Pay it off, then mod.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could see putting mods in the 1st V as they are just leaner and have a nice look to them..Sure they have oem limitations, but that's what "hot rodding" is all about...Besides, it's more of a challenge to do a V1 than a V2, IMO and it's not 'another' V2 build when somebody does something different...No offense intended to V2 owners just saying that it takes more creativity and skill set to pull off crazy numbers than it does in the newer ones..Either generation is cool ultimately, but I do like the V1 better overall for some reason...
Old 09-29-2011, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Looks like one hell of a build, I'll be looking forward to watching the progress.
Thanks for buying our 9" kit for your build, you'll enjoy being able to drop the hammer worry free.

Thanks
Chris
Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Sick build. Mind if I ask why you decided to drop that much coin on a v1 when you could have just bought a v2. Not being a dick I'm just curious that's quite a chunk of change. Is there something you prefer from the first gen?
Good question, not being a dick at all....car is free and clear for me and I am a fan on the V1 and not so much of the V2....just personal prefernce I guess. There seems to be a lot of hype for the V2 and they don't seem to be as rare as the V1....
Old 09-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Did you have someone else epoxy your floor or is that a DIY kit?
Everything you see in the garage was done by me. Cabinets, floor, paint, workbench etc....
Old 09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DrSpeed
Killer Garage!!!!

And who made your pillar pod??? I want one!
I made it myself....
Old 09-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GulfM3
I'm guessing he wants big NA power.... I dont know the OP at all, just a shot in the dark.

Correct, NA is for me, turbos and chargers are cool and all, but I grew up with knowing NA power....thats all we had when I was a kid.

Thats the truth! I've always questioned people who heavily mod their cars while still holding a note. I'll be the first to admit I'm a conservative "square", but lets assume the worst and you blow a motor, you're going to be paying the note plus a new motor. No thanks. Pay it off, then mod.
Agreed!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

....................................where did you find those wheels....I thought they were no longer being sold! I've wanted a set of those for four years! haha
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is one nice build and garage...kudos to you sir.

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
....................................where did you find those wheels....I thought they were no longer being sold! I've wanted a set of those for four years! haha
I believe Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, VA still sells them. But I am sure the op will chime in also.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Got them from Sean at Trinity Tech Racing in Arizona...gave me a sweet deal. My buddy has the same rims on his V. I am sure he still has some more sets in black and grey.....
Old 10-01-2011, 03:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Would you be willing to make another pillar pod?
Old 10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Launching!

you need a spoiler!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GulfM3
I was thinking about it the other day, sort of at random. But the V1 is the only naturally aspirated V-series Cadillac has built. The V-series cars have almost exclusively been forced induction.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ this is true and before the V2, was the only V with an LS-based engine too (others are northstar)...

Funny thing speaking of that, is everybody assumes all the Cadillacs have northstar engines in them and are shocked and don't believe me when I tell them no, these use LS engines...Same thing with the Escalade, had somebody swear it was a northstar (the 6.2) and unrelated to the other truck engines. Forgot the RPO on those though.

I do wish GM made 'exclusive' engines like they used to back when...You know, a chevy, buick, pontiac, olds and cadillac engine, all unique for the most part. (Pontiac and Olds are RIP of course now)...I see why they use corporate engines for $$ and interchangeability, but the B-O-P and Caddy engines were really good powerplants...
Old 10-02-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I gotta say I much prefer the interchangeability of these engines across so many platforms. Keeps part costs down and definitely unifies the car crowd.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cam3439
Would you be willing to make another pillar pod?
Yeah, no problem

Quick Reply: My build with pics....