Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Battery relocation help

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery relocation help

hey guys did a **** ton of work to my V1... heads cam suspension tranny rebuild list goes on and on... battery was removed for about 8 weeks, and still havent quiet finished as my time on the car is very limited. however after the relocation of the battery, the factory nav dvd cd display isnt powering on. im thinking the car has sensed a theft or something like that. still have to stab the tranny over new years day off. the little "car with the lock" amber light bottom left of cluster is on, the remote wont open the trunk. not sure if its a problem yet but i guess ill find out after everything is put back in... just wondering if anyone else had any similar problems or does the computer just need time to boot back up or what... only one tire pressure sensor is reading the others are not... any info would be appreciated
Old 12-31-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I swapped nav systems in mine once, which the car wasn't happy about. I thought it displayed something on the display though before I took it to the dealer to be reprogrammed. I don't remember what it said, but it would at least power on... so I'm not convinced it's the theft system.

Sorry, I can't help.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after taking a peak i saw the harness was tucked down and it was unplugged... battery is pretty dead tho... red top coming soon. thanks