Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Installed B&B 3" exhaust... PICS and CLIPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed B&B 3" exhaust... PICS and CLIPS!!!

Well fellas,
Finally made up my mind to install the B&B. I bought the kit from psychobillycaddy and it had already been fabbed to fit his headers and to fit around his 9" rear... Kind of! Needless to say, the fab work from the shop he dealt with wasn't to good and it needed to be redone for my car anyway. lol I hacked it all apart keeping the important/essential pieces and took it to Brads Muffler over off HWY 6 in Alvin to see what they could do for me. Robert is AMAZING at what he does and their prices are the same. Pics tell the rest of the story and i strongly suggest that anyone in the local area needing quality and affordable exhaust work go to BRAD'S MUFFLER in Alvin. Those guys have hooked me up with good work for a cheap price numerous times and i can't say enough about how good those guys are to deal with!

Anyway, as far the the exhaust goes... Its full 3" from the collector back. I used the flange from the kooks connectors and cut them to get rid of the reducer that usually cuts it down to 2.5". We ran 3" from the collector to the X-pipe and from the X-pipe back to the mufflers. He did an EXCELLENT job fabbing everything up nice and tight under the car and he used as few bends as possible for minimal restriction. Everything is nice and smoooth, all connections are clean and the welds look great! Im impressed and the car sounds SICKKKKK!

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST SOUNDING V I'VE HEARD YET! My opinion of course. lol So glad i went this route! Its deep, its loud and it honestly feels like it free'd up some power. At idle its deep and the cam sound hits hard. Cruising its still deep and throaty and at WOT, it sounds like SEX! Honestly feels quicker and much more responsive now with the nice 3" setup as opposed to the hacked up 2.5" system i ditched which most likely had some restrictive points in it. Not gonna lie... It does drone quite a bit bit at low RPM's i could give a **** less. Its SOOO worth it for the sound outside the car. I'll just turn my radio up. lol On the hwy when ur cruising 70+ in 6th, drone isn't bad at all which is where it really matters anyway so im happy.

Oh, and i got my new custom tags in yesterday. LOL Heres the pics and clips... ENJOY!!!

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 08-01-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good. I heard an Imp SS with a B&B many years ago. Pure aural sex.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks bud! Yeah... I was hesitant to install it as i have a magnaflow system i was going to run instead but im SOO glad i did. I heard EPIK's car which is really the sound that sold me on it. I'm loving it!! And... I'm not sure if i had some restrictive points in my old 2.5" piping but i honestly feel like the car is quicker and much more responsive now. 3" isn't usually a necessary upgrade unless you're making closer to 500 RWHP. Mine makes 420ish on motor so for that, i didn't need it but I went this route because i'm be making 550 already on the nitrous and ill be making 600RWHP or so once i install the rest of the mods i have sitting in the garage so i needed the room to grow.

Wish i had a vid of me leaving the shop earlier. All the guys up there wanted to see the car run and hear it rip with the new system so i got nasty leaving the shop and ran it through the gears all the way up to the top of 4th before i let off. lol

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 08-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds great. Glad you've finally got a setup you like, lol.

If it sounds anything like EPIK's you're golden.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

heeyyyyyooooooooooooooo
Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mighty sexy
Old 08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im glad it worked out. Those welds are awesome and the pipes are just what I would have wanted. Very cool. Did he get to see the welds that Lone Star put on it? What hacks.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks guys! Im stoked and i've had a smile on my face all day since they installed it! Lol! I was worried about it not being loud enough for my taste but its honestly perfect!! The drone is a slight negative but its not ungodly horrible by anymeans. Then again, everyone has their own opinion of whats tolerable and whats not. In the drone aspect, the corsa takes the cake hands down but the deep and throaty sound of this setup is much more my style.

Psycho... Thanks bud!! Yeah, Robert is amazing at what he does. I was concerned about how it would turn out before i went but he said he could do it so i went with his word. Took him about two hours and it turned out perfect! And yeah, he did see the old welds. I pointed them out and he was like "I wasn't going to say anything but that looks like ****". lol I then told him who did the work on it and he said "yeah, doesn't surprise me. I try not to bad mouth any shop and i wasn't going to bring up their name if you wouldn't have but we get quite a bit of work coming from there to be fixed". But yes... Hacks for sure!!!

I told Robert i was going to post up pics and details of their work for the Houston guys looking for an exhaust shop to deal with. Everything i had done today cost me $125. So VERY fair and more than reasonable! I've dealt with those guys numerous times and they have always treated me good. I was a loyal Deer Park Muffler customer years ago but since i started taking my work to Brad's, it's the only place i'll deal with now.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**** Ya Man....welcome to the eargasm club.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
**** Ya Man....welcome to the eargasm club.
Thanks bro! Noticed when I was cruisin around with the windows down earlier that there is a slight rasp sound at that usual 2100-2300 Rpm range or whatever it is but I think that's just the nature of a big exhaust with no cats or resonators. Sounds good though. Still deep... Just has that slight little raspy bite to it right there lol
Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is one of the best sounding V1s Ive ever heard. Little raspy which I like but not too bad. Glad your finally gonna be happy for a month or so until it all comes back apart!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The engine has a natural tendency to get raspy right around there. Mine starts around 2400 with the cutouts open. I kinda like it.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know that sound!

I used to run catless, got stopped three times and ticketed once (excessive noise).

WHOO HOO!

Go find a parking structure and set off some alarms.....
Old 08-02-2012, 03:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Hahaha! Thanks fellas! And yeah, the little rasp doesn't bother me at all. I like the sound of it too when its not too much.

Allen... I appreciate it man. Didn't know what to expect and was hoping i wouldn't be kicking myself for running the B&B over the magnaflow but i made the right choice. Highly doubt it will ever come off. I'll be adding some electric cutouts soon though.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Looks really good. Welds look really good. Wish you didn't live so far away bc I know my computer don't do it justice, and I can only imagine how it sounds in person.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals
Go find a parking structure and set off some alarms.....
Yes....^this^
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Teching In

smooth weld job. makes my weld look like **** beads :-X
Old 08-02-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Lol! Yeah... The welds really impressed me. I'll get some more clips for you guys soon. Met the Gf for lunch straight from the shop and I filmed the idle clip and she got the rev clip for me. I'll get her to stand roadside so I can get some fly bys.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Anyone have any ideas how to eliminate drone without taking away from the volume/sound of the exhaust? I know... Stupid question but this thing sounds sexy as hell outside the car but the drone gets kind of old at times. Only low rpm cruising in 6th around the city. On the highway it has a little but nowhere near as bad once ur doing 70+. I really don't want to change it considering how well it's all been installed and I honestly believe it is the BEST sounding exhaust I've heard on the V1 HANDS DOWN!!! I plan to add cutouts soon. I really wanna keep this system and I definitely want to stay 3" since it was a noticeable change doing the swap to this from 2.5" but I've come to the conclusion 3" systems just drone a little worse than 2.5.

My old car which my buddy owns has catless kooks with magnaflow and it sounds good and still drones but not quite as bad. Side by side though, my car sounds much meaner IMO.

Quick Reply: Installed B&B 3" exhaust... PICS and CLIPS!!!