Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Gen2 Engine trouble Any Midwest guys have any hookups?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gen2 Engine trouble Any Midwest guys have any hookups?

Howdy everyone, well it seems that my daily driver gen2 2012 CTSV has developed a bit of a rod knock at only 28k miles. Its sitting at the Cadillac dealer now and they’ve confirmed that it has a bearing that has some issues.

I’m trying to determine my next step, since they are quoting me 7-8k to fix it (I’m modded so no warranty). So i’m trying to figure out options.

Anyone want to help out an OG Ls1tech guy in the Midwest (Chicago Area)?

I used to be hooked up in the community, but I’ve been so out of touch lately i don’t have any connects anymore.

So if anyone has any advise or wants to help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the Magnuson Moss act, they have to prove your mods cause the damage. What are your mods? I'm on mobile and it isn't coming up.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a good friend that runs a small shop in lombard. That is about 20 min west of chicago. He should be able to do better than the dealer and give you a personal experience. Pm me for the number or any questions.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
According to the Magnuson Moss act, they have to prove your mods cause the damage. What are your mods? I'm on mobile and it isn't coming up.
If he has pulley and tune, I think that goes out the window. More boost + ignition/AFR changes = more "strain" (as they would call it) on the motor.

Quick Reply: Gen2 Engine trouble Any Midwest guys have any hookups?