Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I need new pads and rotors 07' V.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boom on me. would have picked up on it better if the amount wasnt the same as the parts. 30$ shipping seems reasonable.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

$32 shipping seems like a steal, particularly considering that's 80-100# worth of rotors alone! Nicco must live pretty close to one of their distribution centers.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bio248
sarcasm.

that doesn't disregard the fact that their shipping prices are insane most of the time.
What really gets you is that they're usually shipping each different part you order from a different warehouse and charge you individual rates for each item. FTL. They would absolutely dominate the parts game if they could consolidate their inventories.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fweasel
I just bought new calipers from Amazon, Hawk HPS5.0 from Amazon, and Centric high carbon blank rotors from Tire Rack last week. Don't waste your time with anything other than a blank rotor unless you're more concerned with aesthetics than actual braking performance.
I just saw this post linked in another thread, so I decided to update my comments. The HPS5.0 pads work really well in terms of pedal feel, travel and linearity. High and tight. They dust a rust-ish color something fierce and make it difficult to keep my wheels clean. The rate of dust production is greater than the HPS I've run in the past on other cars, but that was the only real downside over the old HPS compound. Because my V is mostly a commuter, when I get off my lazy ***, I will pull these pads in favor of something a little less aggressive in effort to have less dust.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fweasel
...Because my V is mostly a commuter, when I get off my lazy ***, I will pull these pads in favor of something a little less aggressive in effort to have less dust.....
What are you thinking about going to?
Old 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1247
What are you thinking about going to?
Something metallic still. As clean as the ceramics are, they're just too poor performance wise for my tastes. I'll probably go back to the HPS, but might try the stock AC Delco's that AAIIIC likes so much on the street because they're nearly free
Old 08-07-2016, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I do like 'em, but I wouldn't say they're a low dust option. I suppose you can try them out and see if they're un-dusty enough for <$40, so it's not much of a loss if you don't like them.

The same could be said for a variety of other options, too - there are a ton of semi-metallic pads in the D1001 pad shape. You could try 4 or 5 different sets for the price of a single set of HPS or HPS 5.0s.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

If you're not in a hurry, Amazon will have sales with free shipping sometimes, I just picked up 4 new oem acdelco rotors for ~275 shipped (which I found to be a great price on the stock rotors).

That said I'm up in the air about the pads. I'd like to go with something as good as stock, but am unsure about the cheap semi-metallic pads.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

These pads are super dusty, and squeaky. Just FYI if anyone is thinking about them. Good price though.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Teching In

I got those pads also but they dust much less than the ones that came on my car. I have not had problems with squeaking and I am pretty happy with there performance. But the problem I have is after I wash my car if I don't go for a drive and heat them up they leave pad material behind and I get pulsing. I had to sand off the pad marks before I figured this out. I have the centric premium rotors. Has this ever happened to you or anyone else that has run them?
Old 08-10-2016, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

I've got the Powerstop Evolution brake pads that came with my Brakemotive package. After 50k+ miles, I can say that the pads are very durable, low dust, make absolutely no noise, work very well when they're properly warmed up and are just fine for daily duties. I wouldn't be surprised if these pads lasted another 20k. Plenty of material left on them.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Power stops a good pads for the money, have been happy with them on the last few cars. Only thing that keeps me from getting them for the v is the stop techs are pretty much the same price

If you got the ceramic pads they will out live the rotor the way they ware
Old 08-14-2016, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to thread jack but would the autozone duralast rotors and the duralast gold pads work good on a daily? They were givin to me with the purchase of the car, I want to change them the ones that are on there now squeal a lot and leave a lot of brake dust but the pad still looks good so I'm assuming the rotors are glazed
Old 08-15-2016, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike ctsV
Not to thread jack but would the autozone duralast rotors and the duralast gold pads work good on a daily? They were givin to me with the purchase of the car, I want to change them the ones that are on there now squeal a lot and leave a lot of brake dust but the pad still looks good so I'm assuming the rotors are glazed
I tried those because they were cheap, I drive a lot and I could warranty them 7 days a week at a store that's less than a mile from my house. Unfortunately, I didn't like them. They didn't dust much or make noise but it seemed like they would shed material on the rotor pretty bad if you didn't baby them.

I also broke 2 sets of rear rotor e-brake drums. I have my e-brake adjusted tight enough to actually work and the rotors are so thin in this area, they couldn't take the stress and literally started breaking in half.

I had their Bendix pads on another V I had and while they did a little better, they still would shed material and "warp up" if you didn't really baby them.

I inherited a set of unknown slotted rotors and pads from the before mentioned V I just sold. Based on how they look, I'll assume they're the Brake-o-motive parts and so far, they're working well on v1 number 2, my daily driver.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mike ctsV
I put the Duralast gold ceramic pads on my mom's Accord. No problems and they seemed to hold up just fine. My powerstop pads have probably lasted longer under harder braking conditions and more miles, however.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Had the duralasts on my gxp, it's a meh pad. Not good but not bad. if they where free to you run them till you want something better. I would never buy them again for anything performance wise.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BudRacing
I put the Duralast gold ceramic pads on my mom's Accord. No problems and they seemed to hold up just fine. My powerstop pads have probably lasted longer under harder braking conditions and more miles, however.
I've used them too on cars with smaller rotors and been fine but the taller the rotor gets, the more amplified you're problems are.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

anyone used ebc red/yellow stuff pads?
Old 08-18-2016, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazy tarzan
anyone used ebc red/yellow stuff pads?
I use the Yellows on my car, very little to no noise, stop good when cold and freaking great when hot but the make brake dust by the truck loads. Looking for a low dust option now.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I haven't tried them but my Hawk experience has been so good I'd order their ceramics if I wanted low dust pads.

Quick Reply: I need new pads and rotors 07' V.