Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Longest shop time???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Longest shop time???

Okay I took my car in September 4 cause the alternator went out at 50k miles. The rear was whinny and it has hard into first and reverse. All of this 2 weeks after a 28 day visit to the dealer for trans problems. I finally get to pick my car up tomorrow morning, October 8th. It still has a keyless entry problem that needs fixed too. I was supposed to take the other set of keys to them but I live an hour away so I was always to busy to just run a set of keys in and come back. Maybe I can have them look at it while I'm there?

Anyway, I think that this is ridiculous! They were waiting on a part for the trans is why it took so long. T-56's are everywhere!!!!! Come on!!!! For some reason, the dealer also pays to rent a car from enterprise for me to drive. Why not a program car or something. As much money as they spent for the rental of a V8 DTS the past 2 months, they could have bought a new transmission and a new rear-end instead of just fixing them.

I was just curious as to what kind of shop times you guys have had for trans or rear-end problems.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
9 Second Club

Rear end = 3 days on mine. 1 day to diagnose, 1 day to get parts and get started and the third to button it up.

I haven't had a transmission problem other than the driver's inability to consistently find gears while racing. That has been an ongoing problem that does not seem to be covered under warranty.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:44 AM
11 Second Club

Rear end 3 day plus 1 day when they found it needed drive shaft & had it overnighted.
New transmission 1 day, But it took them 2 months to get an ok for it, So at least I was still able to drive it while waiting
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

LOL I WIN THIS ONE !! Put my car in shop JAN 2,2007 - Still there !!
Local Racing shop is a little backed up but the last timr that another shop (SFS in memphis.. out of biz) built my car the car lasted 1200 miles .. so i figure this time .. ill wait on a proven shop to build it BB&T Racing ,Southhaven MS.They are an awesome shop they just got busy during race season with their machining work and just recently started on my car ... Hope i can get one run in this season !! Here is a video of what their shop car does !!
http://stang-tech.vidiac.com/video/8...a1be3c7ab9.htm
Old 10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Well they replaced the whole tranny and the third member. No more whine and shifts great! Still have this rediculously lound noise coming from the sun roof and I'm trying to get the bumber cover replaced under warranty because the clips came out and was flopping in the air and cracked the paint on it! They tryed to tell me someone hit my car and that its not a warranty item. There are no other marks on the bumper and you can see that it was pushed out from the inside! The body man told them someone hit me. I told the service manager your body guy is an idiot and I know it was flopping cause I had to buy the clips to go back in the dang thing! GOSH!

Okay now that my rant is over, I am just so happy to see me car back in the drive way!!! Is so pretty!

Quick Reply: Longest shop time???