Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tuning by Jesse Bubb???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TT C6
Why do people continue to use "no name" tuners ???
What do you mean by no name? Are you referring to Jes/W4M?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

where did that come from?

if you are calling Jesse a "no name", you should listen thumper's mom (if you dont have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all).

ive heard good things about him and im willing to give him a try. if people don't ever try "the little guy", then he will never become anything more. and id much rather give my money to someone who probably deserves, and needs the money much more than some corporation.

id suppose you would rather send your money to overseas countries as well????

i used Ion at madz28.com (whom is probably a "no name" by your standards) with my FI camaro and he did a great job on my tunes.

i for one, feel good about supporting the underdogs, especially when they are supplying a great service for an EXTREMELY good price and does a bang up job. i like to know that my hard earned money is going toward a hard working individual. i know he does a good job because the dyno sheet above is proof that he is able to get (imo) the AF ratio almost spot on with a mail order tune which is not easy.

and from what ive read, jesse also helps people who are self tuning, which most guys wont do because they feel their knowledge is power (which it is) and they aren't willing to give out any info without compensation.

if i took your comment out of context i am sorry.

Jeremy

Last edited by SS#1230; 04-11-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BacDoc
You know he can send out a refurbed tuned PCM just as cheap. LS6 is $160 and you get to keep your stock PCM, just in case. And no down time.
yeah i know, but im saving about 100 bucks and i just dont need an extra pcm....
Old 04-12-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Regular

Jesse Bubb is the only person who I would ever let tune my car. Not only he was willing to let me come to his house to get a street tune on my H/C/I car. When I got there we realised that my new fuel injector adapters to use 03 Cobra injectors we the wrong adapters. So instead of driving an 1.5 hrs back home he sold me a NIB set of his own injectors AND changed them for me. From that day on my car has run perfect!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you thought about finding someone local? Someone in a 100 mile radius! I mean, a live custom tune is always going to be stronger! Every car is different, I am sure you will still be happy with your Mail-order tune! Good Luck! Keep us posted....
Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Jesse works his tunes for lots of huge name aftermarket companies. I'd trust him with my ride.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

I used him on my car and the tune was awesome, good guy to deal with!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Have you thought about finding someone local? Someone in a 100 mile radius! I mean, a live custom tune is always going to be stronger! Every car is different, I am sure you will still be happy with your Mail-order tune! Good Luck! Keep us posted....
i have. but for the cost of a dyno tune and the hassle of driving an hour or so, its just not worth it to me. this car is my daily driver and im not going to be taking it to the strip, so the extra 10-20hp i may get outta a dyno tune just isnt that important to me.

the only reason im getting a tune in the first place is because of my cam. other than that, i would just leave it alone.....
Old 04-12-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS#1230
i have. but for the cost of a dyno tune and the hassle of driving an hour or so, its just not worth it to me. this car is my daily driver and im not going to be taking it to the strip, so the extra 10-20hp i may get outta a dyno tune just isnt that important to me.

the only reason im getting a tune in the first place is because of my cam. other than that, i would just leave it alone.....
Well, since you have a cam. I would drive the extra miles and would pay the difference for a tune. I am sure Jesse will have it running better than it is now but It won't compare to a custom in-person dyno tune. Either way, lets us know!

BTW: I put a baby cam in my old V and I thought it was incredible on the old tune but when I had it dyno tuned; I watched him pull 50+ out of it!!! Then it was night and day!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

who you callin' a baby!?

JK, maybe ill see what someone can do later. for now ill be cool with the MO tune.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Teching In

just ordered a tune from jesse =)
Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS#1230
lemme know what he says. i wouldn't want to go any leaner than 13:1. i may just be a puss though...

so i dont think id have him mess with anything below 5700rpm. you may get a little more power from 5700 on up.

BacDoc, you will definitely pick up some ponies after you get leaned out a bit.
I hope you mean on the LS6 car...
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Why do people continue to pay $3,000 for a tune and air filter? Are you trying to find out who will stand behind their work better ("warranty")?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

^ alot of these " $3k" are done by guys like Jesse and than just resold under a "known" brand...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TheRooster
I hope you mean on the LS6 car...
what part are you referring to? and what would matter on a LS6 vs something else?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ss#1230
what part are you referring to? And what would matter on a ls6 vs something else?
13:1 a/f.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Razorecko
^ alot of these " $3k" are done by guys like Jesse and than just resold under a "known" brand...
Yup, I know. I have been involved with this for years. The big names these days are mostly into marketing or reselling. I used to crack stuff for Pro-M MAF calibrations and burned my own EPROM chips for Ford and GM products. I also wrote a large share of a LSX data logger similar to AutoTap but better IMO.
When I have time I will tune my own but am going with Jesse's to try it out.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Launching!

I forgot to update...
I talked with Jesse last week about AF and only 340rwhp.
Jesse agreed AF too rich and 340 too low....should be 350ish....
Jesse gave me a list of things to check: spark plugs, clean MAF airbox rubber flap.
what I found AND fixed:
MAF was dirty (I never cleaned it) I bought a MAF cleaner
Replaced spark plugs (cheap maintenance item and found one bad spark plug wire FIXED
I have an K&N CAI theres a soft rubber flap still in the airbox area, can be easily suck up to filter -- so I removed it.
Then hard plastic housing with the round whole in it that's attached to the fendor -- which feeds into the stock airbox -- I removed it so the K&N can take in more air.

WOW what a difference, the car definitely pulls harder now....
I don't think my "older butt" can feel anything less than 10hp, but I do feel more power especially 3k and up..Im happy again...
I'm thinking of running a dyno again to see HP but more importantly see the AF...

--Jerry
Old 04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TheRooster
13:1 a/f.
do you feel comfortable going leaner than that for a safe everyday driver? or are you saying that it's too lean???
Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jerrycecco
I forgot to update...
I talked with Jesse last week about AF and only 340rwhp.
Jesse agreed AF too rich and 340 too low....should be 350ish....
Jesse gave me a list of things to check: spark plugs, clean MAF airbox rubber flap.
what I found AND fixed:
MAF was dirty (I never cleaned it) I bought a MAF cleaner
Replaced spark plugs (cheap maintenance item and found one bad spark plug wire FIXED
I have an K&N CAI theres a soft rubber flap still in the airbox area, can be easily suck up to filter -- so I removed it.
Then hard plastic housing with the round whole in it that's attached to the fendor -- which feeds into the stock airbox -- I removed it so the K&N can take in more air.

WOW what a difference, the car definitely pulls harder now....
I don't think my "older butt" can feel anything less than 10hp, but I do feel more power especially 3k and up..Im happy again...
I'm thinking of running a dyno again to see HP but more importantly see the AF...

--Jerry
that would be sweet to see your dyno numbers now...

my car has 52k on the clock. since i just bought it a couple K ago, i wasnt sure what to expect from the butt-o-meter, but it felt fast. i just did a plug and wire change and WOW, what a difference! the wires seemed good (until i had to tear a couple up getting them off) but the plugs were shot! it feels like i picked up 20+ horses. like you said, im sure if the butt-o-meter can feel it, its got to be substantial.

Jeremy

Quick Reply: Tuning by Jesse Bubb???