Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ground Control kit with Mighty Mouse spacers? Anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground Control kit with Mighty Mouse spacers? Anyone??

Is anyone running the Ground Control kit for our cars with the Mighty Mouse spacer solution?? I am curious because the spacers that come with the kit, does not allow you to lower the car enough in the rear. So I was thinking of getting some of these mighty mouse spacers so I will have some more adjustment in the rear. What do you think??

Thanks

Excuse the no bumpers and yes i know I dont have all the lug nuts on, im still working on the car. but this is the rear as low as it will go!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just do some searching man, tons of answers to this exact question. Yes, you need the spacers to trick the auto level.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

This I know, the kit comes with their own spacers, but it doesn't trick it enough.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you have a picture of the spacers that come with the kit? do they need to be longer or shorter?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

I am pretty sure that if you have the GC Kit it is not the spacer that is the problem, but the whole design of the kit and the Eibach spring is simply too long to get any more of a drop than that. I have the same issue.

You could sure try the MM spacer and it would be cool if that works. As it currently stands, the only way I can see to lower my car more with my current setup is to cut a coil off of the Eibach springs to get that last 1" of drop that I want (for car show and photo session purposes). The other thing would be to remove the GC top adjustable spring perch and get another 1/4" to 3/8" drop, but that probably wouldn't be enough (and possibly not safe either).

Let us know what you come up with, as I would like a solution too.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

here i go once again! lol

i had the GC kit. the front is nice. i can SLAMMMM that bad boy. the rear was not low enough, for me . sooooo, i cut my stock springs, about a coil and a half and cut the bump stop in half. still rides like a caddy. oh, and im on the mightymouse spacers
Attached Thumbnails Ground Control kit with Mighty Mouse spacers? Anyone??-my-v-slammed.jpg   Ground Control kit with Mighty Mouse spacers? Anyone??-side-shot-2.jpg  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

is that low enough? lol
Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ferny

i had the GC kit. the front is nice. i can SLAMMMM that bad boy. the rear was not low enough, for me . sooooo, i cut my stock springs, about a coil and a half and cut the bump stop in half. still rides like a caddy. oh, and im on the mightymouse spacers
Really with cut springs in the rear it still rides nice? Not bouncy? Stock struts? Why didn't you just cut the front too?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes sir! not bouncy at all with stock struts. just make sure you cut that bumpstop or it will bounce like a damn honda civic! lol

i didnt cut the front cuz i already had the GC up front and didnt feel like swapping them out. so i cant say how the whole car would ride with all four springs cut.

i have a new born and he sleeps with no problems in the caddi. so i would assume thats pretty damn smooth
Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

yes sir! not bouncy at all with stock struts. just make sure you cut that bumpstop or it will bounce like a damn honda civic! lol

i didnt cut the front cuz i already had the GC up front and didnt feel like swapping them out. so i cant say how the whole car would ride with all four springs cut.

i have a new born and he sleeps with no problems in the caddi. so i would assume thats pretty damn smooth
congrats on the newborn!
I might have to try it. So how did you just get the GC for the fronts? Or do you have the rears lying around?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

GC with qa1's here... qa1's are shorter then stock shocks and I gotta say I can tuck rear tire with my setup, however that's the lowest... and actually just blew out rear shocks and sent them for rebuild and revalve for heavy *** car. But with a shorter spring on the GC kit we could go lower, the rear that is.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks brotha!

i had bought the whole GC kit off of a member on the caddi forums. the rear just wasnt doin it for me. i ended up taking the adjustable thingy off. i think they are called perches. got another 1/4 inch lower, but i was still not tucking tire. so i just saw MM thread and just ended up doing the same thing he did only on the rear. i must have pulled the rear suspension apart about 6 times to finally get it right. i love the way it rides. better than stock IMO. and the compliments i get are endless. people think my car is airbagged..lol
Old 08-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Launching!

That looks amazing man.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks brotha!

i had bought the whole GC kit off of a member on the caddi forums. the rear just wasnt doin it for me. i ended up taking the adjustable thingy off. i think they are called perches. got another 1/4 inch lower, but i was still not tucking tire. so i just saw MM thread and just ended up doing the same thing he did only on the rear. i must have pulled the rear suspension apart about 6 times to finally get it right. i love the way it rides. better than stock IMO. and the compliments i get are endless. people think my car is airbagged..lol
That's great I love the way it turned out. I'm wondering if I should just get some eibachs or H&Rs for the front and hack the rears. You are the third person to say cut the rears. It just seems so against everything I believe in but if it works(rides good) then why not. I just ordered my MM kit yesterday. I wonder if I should just cut all four and if I hate it by some front springs? Hmm. So you said 1.5 coils in the rear? I am putting 20s on it in a couple weeks. I wonder if I should put the wheels on it before I lower it.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

why not. if you dont like it then just put the new onew in. 1.5 coil in the rear..no rubbing at all.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

why not. if you dont like it then just put the new onew in. 1.5 coil in the rear..no rubbing at all.
I plan on doing this on the weekend. Which end of the spring did you cut? Top or bottom? Does it matter?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

i cut from the bottom. i think MM cut from the top
Old 08-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

cool, prob doesn't matter

Quick Reply: Ground Control kit with Mighty Mouse spacers? Anyone??