Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Center console questions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center console questions?

I have a black V with grey interior. I put in black V logo floor mats. I am wanting to give the interior more of a two-tone, black and grey look. The on thing that I think would look awesome in black is the center console. I was looking at doing the standard CTS armrest anyway but though what if I bought a standard CTS console in black as a whole.

So the question is, would a standard automatic CTS console fit in the V without any cutting of the shifter opening?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

yes. just pop out the auto shifter surround. pop yours in. I believe you will have to look for a black shifter surround, if you desired. I ended up having to change the entire console out in my V. went to do the CTS armrest install and the bolts were so stripped from the factory, I broke two sockets. Glad I bought the whole setup. so yes, should work with no modifications. It is a bitch getting the bolts down by the shifter on the inside. good luck.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the info! A lot cheaper to go to a local junk yard to get a standard one then trying to find a V specific one on ebay or something.

Quick Reply: Center console questions?