Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Clear Bra install on my CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra install on my CTS-V

I was able to get the car squeezed in to get the clear bra installed last evening. They didn't finish up until after 1 am but I left and headed home at 11:30. I'll post more photo's today of the rest of the car and the finished product. The complete hood, front fenders, rockers, front bumper, rear bumper, and inside console was all done. Each panel was convered in one peice, nothing was two pieced. Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...cts-v.htmlRead more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-my-cts-v.html
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks stellar!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good time to do it whilst it's still new and chipless, etc...I'd say it looks good, but I can't see it [but that's good and the point]

I was real close to getting one on mine, but it was pretty pricey and was curious what you spent on it, if you don't mind sharing? I was quoted anywhere from $500-$750, yikes! I do most everything myself, but this is one of those things I'd rather have the pros do (same with window tint).
Old 09-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Banned

I had the complete front done, most just get the bumper, the first 12" of the hood, front corner of the fenders, headlights and mirrors done. If it was a standard deal it would have been about $850 but I also added the whole rocker, rear behind the tire, rear bumper, and some interior peices. They also removed the grill and anything else in the way and ran the edge behind it instead of cutting around it. Retail on this would be $2395 without doing the interior peices. Once you get used to installing the bra on every vehicle you care about its just something you feel like you have to have. Truely on even higher end cars we have wraped a complete f430 and it is a investment on a car like that since even repainting a bumper could lose $20k in resale value. I do it more for my personal satisfaction than for resale.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

if my car didn't have chips in it when I bought it I would have done it, but I decided not to do it to this car.... I think I'll end up having the front end resprayed in a few years and then do the bra too.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

I think Clear Bras are an awesome investment. Your V looks gorgeous!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

The only negative thing I have on clear bras on daily drivers, and i'm not sure if the pro's out weigh this is when you have it on a DD, and it does get hit... the bra then starts to "tear" and then you have piece of plastic hanging off, that's when it starts to look bad... but I guess is it better then the paint being chipped? If you keep it up and trim it off then It think it would be good...

Still a great car though!

Quick Reply: Clear Bra install on my CTS-V