Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Any Chicago dealer recommendations for warranty work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Chicago dealer recommendations for warranty work?

Heading to Chicago tomorrow for the holiday.. Any of you guys know of a good dealership that knows V1s well? Theres only one dealer in my town and I'm having issues getting them to acknowledge some issues.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see...

Weil Cadillac in Libertyville were cool until they attempted to scam me. (Tried to con me into buying a battery when my alternator was the problem)

Steve Foley Cadillac in Northbrook can't work on your car if has Vette FRC's (Apparently at that point it becomes "heavily modified")

Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg are decent but their technicians like to scratch up cars while working on them. (Had my radiator replaced and the tech scratched up my headlights, manager refused to do anything and was treated very rudely.)

Grossinger Autoplex in Lincolnwood was ok, they serviced my car for a bad oil pressure sensor but couldn't figure out what was clunking in front of my car. (I went under myself and easily found out it was the outer tie rods.)

These are pretty much my experiences thus far with Chicago area dealers.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Libertyville Chevy. Always took care of me.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow after reading Kamasutra's post, it makes me really appreciate how close to Lindsay Cadillac I am.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Barrington cadillac was ok, but they couldnt figure out what the vibration/noise in my front end was comming from, they replaced almost the whole dash lol, it was the windshield weather stripping lol, when I got home I found it

went to high school with the service manager at grossinger cadillac, he takes care of me now

I suggest that one because for some reason they stock a lot of parts for our cars
Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chitown21y
Libertyville Chevy. Always took care of me.
Honestly I should have tired going to a Chevy dealer while I still had GMPP. I was just under the assumption that a Cadillac dealer would take better care of its customers and not try to bullshit people.

Originally Posted by jcollege
Wow after reading Kamasutra's post, it makes me really appreciate how close to Lindsay Cadillac I am.
I wish I could find a dealership that would offer the knowledge and service Lindsay has to offer. My GMPP is expired so I haven't had the chance to find one yet as I either do the work myself or hit up my buddies shop.

Originally Posted by kzeliminator
went to high school with the service manager at grossinger cadillac, he takes care of me now

I suggest that one because for some reason they stock a lot of parts for our cars
Is that the Grossinger in Lincolnwood or the Grossinger in Chicago?
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Naperville cadillac/hummer is pretty solid
Old 07-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Staging Lane

grossinger in lincolwood
Old 07-03-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the responses guys! I had read alot of previous threads on the subject, some from a couple of you guys.. Esp you kamasutra- we think very alike on the subject..

It sounds like it's a crapshoot everywhere. I didn't make any appts so chances are an impromptu visit may not be a good idea anywhere I go. I'm just going to work with my local dealer. They haven't been bad, just not as comprehensive as I wanted at the end of the warranty..

Otherwise its been fun so far. I wish it got cooler at night down in TN like it does here!

Got a speeding award on 57 going through some town in southern IL. They were handing them out to everyone in both directions... Ironically, I was looking down at my phone starting up my gps app that tracks cameras and known speed traps.. Didn't have an issue after that.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Honestly, an impromtu visit might have turned into a nightmare. I'm not sure what you were trying to get done but it would suck if they tear the thing apart only to have to order parts that they can't get quick cause of the holiday in addition just finding a competent dealer.

It just also seems like most of these Chicago dealerships are still under the assumption that the Cadillac brand only targets the elderly, so they'll try to treat you like some old senile person.

Be safe on the way back with those speed traps.

Quick Reply: Any Chicago dealer recommendations for warranty work?