Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

thinking of going to the dark side.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinking of going to the dark side.

So considering trading in my 01 z28 for a black on black 05 v with 78k the dealer wants $19,981..

My question is that to much? I almost came up on another one for same price same color with 55k and missed it by a day and don't want to let this one slip by but the 78k is what is making me think. It's either that or a 06 g35 thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sounds like a somewhat decent price. Plz dont get the G35

use cars.com and check for cars in your area just to make sure you didnt overlook anything
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

g35's are for homos i picked up my 05 v black on black 49k miles, for 21500
Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats not a deal. Thats about the norm and you dont need to jump for that.

I dont know where you're from but im in md and when searching I found stuff like that all day long.

I was looking for Silver. I'm not sure if this car is still availible or not, but if you can pay cash or secure a loan from a bank, The below listed car is a great deal. I went and looked at the car. I believe it was in a very light front end collision that involved just the bumper cover and headlights. The core support was still original. Interior was very clean and well taken care of and the whole car had just been detailed and buffed. It seems like a sketchy place when you pull up until you walk in and realize that they do nothing but luxury cars. It's located in a garage inside an industrial plaza. Speak with Sean, He's a young guy, nice, and doesn't waste your time. I got them to $17k is a steal.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Edit. Just saw you were in Ca. Their are still deals like this out there. When I was searching, I was looking all over the country as to not rule out a good deal. Just take your time. When you rush, is when you get caught up in a bad car.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol. Now that's a good price for the miles

That's a good price aswell but I'm in the san Francisco bay in CA where everything is more expensive lol and would like to do it asap..I do remember 2 weeks ago a bluish 05 with wood trim and and 66k was up for $23k but not sure what it sold for and also right now a 05 red with tan interior and around 62k is up for $22k
Old 08-10-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how is that the dark side?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's all in how you look at it. Is traveling a few hundred miles a big deal to get a good deal?

The drive there will be good because you will be excited about getting the car (kind of like going on vacation).

The drive home with be great because your will be driving your new car.

Just be careful not to jump on something because you have traveled so far to get it. I did that and realized after I left that the car was popping out of second when gently down shifting, the nav didnt work, and the front driver side link was bad. ALWAYS get a Caddy dealer to check the car out before buying it. ALWAYS, am i making myself clear? If the dealership isnt up for it... theirs something wrong.

BTW, there isnt **** in your area. If you really want one and want the best deal... You're going to have to travel. From what I've seen they're mostly on the east coast and in Texas.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea nothing local and I'm getting it shipped. I work for a dealer within the same corporation so they ship it for free and yea we have a few cadi dealers ill see if we can get a inspection or at least call them and run the vin and see if the problem everyone has has been covered when it was in warranty.

And its the darkside because it is!! LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 408Maro
Yea nothing local and I'm getting it shipped. I work for a dealer within the same corporation so they ship it for free and yea we have a few cadi dealers ill see if we can get a inspection or at least call them and run the vin and see if the problem everyone has has been covered when it was in warranty.

And its the darkside because it is!! LOL
Best of luck finding one in the bay. I waited for a long time until I found on. St. Claire Cadillac normally has one V1. I ended up finding mine in capitola at a Honda dealer. FYI if you get one before Aug.20... Bay area V meet!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

So considering trading in my 01 z28 for a black on black 05 v with 78k the dealer wants $19,981..

My question is that to much? I almost came up on another one for same price same color with 55k and missed it by a day and don't want to let this one slip by but the 78k is what is making me think. It's either that or a 06 g35 thanks
I paid 25.5 6 months ago for an 06 with 3200 miles, now has 8000 miles.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THENASCAR
g35's are for homos
Yes, that
Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

right on. Thanks.

You got lucky on that find!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would do like the others have said John and travel. Even if you have to buy a plane ticket that costs you $300. If you save thousands it's worth it....
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
D.K
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
I was looking for Silver. I'm not sure if this car is still availible or not, but if you can pay cash or secure a loan from a bank, The below listed car is a great deal. I went and looked at the car. I believe it was in a very light front end collision that involved just the bumper cover and headlights. The core support was still original. Interior was very clean and well taken care of and the whole car had just been detailed and buffed. It seems like a sketchy place when you pull up until you walk in and realize that they do nothing but luxury cars. It's located in a garage inside an industrial plaza. Speak with Sean, He's a young guy, nice, and doesn't waste your time. I got them to $17k is a steal.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
I was thinking about picking this car up over the weekend, but now that I know it's been in an accident, I'm having second thoughts. It is in great condition though.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't want it that bad to travel. If I find something local or can get it shipped free cool if not oh well ill just get something else I think this one will work out though
Old 08-11-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Shame your in Cali, there are two maggie'd CTS-V's in central Fl for sale
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got ahold of Cadillac and got the history on it. Had some diff work. Connectors. And mounts done aswell as rear seal and I believe shafts. I got the fax in my box but got new pics and looks clean. I'm going for it
Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Go in and see if you can get them to come down some or see if they'll throw in a 1yr or 2yr warranty. As for the mileage/price, it is getting in that 'Do I buy or can I find a better deal' range, but that's not an awful price if the car is in really good shape with good owner/accident/maintenance history. Also, do you know if it has a CPO warranty? If so, the mileage may not be that big of a concern or risk.

IMO, it's better to pay a little bit extra to buy locally. Especially with these cars since depending on region it's very difficult to find a great deal and/or one close to home. I'd try to negotiate it down, or, negotiate a warranty into it if they're hellbent on staying at that price. Sometimes the dealer is willing to take the risk of a warranty if they know they have a sale (did in my case).
Old 08-12-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's from a Honda dealer and might get a lil cheaper but I'm the one who there helping out in this situation and they know it'll sell fast but good advice
Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you are trading in a car, it's hard to say what is a good deal and what is not. If they are giving you an awesome price on your trade-in, that's not a bad price. Seems fair but not great.

Of course we also don't know the condition of the car.

Quick Reply: thinking of going to the dark side.