Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Condensation??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Condensation??

I have an issue with my passenger floormat getting wet in the upper left corner. I think it is condensation from the A/C as it is only when the A/C is on and in the recirculate mode. My question is has anyone else had this problem and any ideas how to fix it? It's an '07 btw. It doesn't affect me as I'm the driver but a little embarrassing when my wife gets out and has water drips on her leather shoes.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the drain plug, it's right above the tranny on the drivers side, going through the floor. it might be plugged or the rubber is stuck together/closed. Take a a screw driver and get any grime out of the opening.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

It definitely was clogged. I pulled the line and water poured onto my carpet. I wasn't able to get any grime or blockage to come up as I could only get a coat hanger in there due to the angle. When I did get the coat hanger through I heard a distinct metal to metal contact which to me sounds like it went through and stopped on top of the trans. We'll time to go burn some gas with the AC on to see if I cleared it, or if I need to take another stab at it. Thanks for telling me where to look!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On mine it was just the end of the rubber was just stuck together, probably just a combo of road grime and heat.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

I had the same problem....Mine turned out to be a clogged sunroof drain line. If it was parked in a heavy rain there would honestly be standing water in my passenger floorboard
Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

So far so good. I think I opened it up or, it just hasn't filled up yet. Maybe I'll pull the hose when I get home and double check to give me peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Condensation??