Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Thunder grey was my favorite for the longest time. Hardly ever see them on the road. I think I've seen one in person in the last couple years since I've been in the V scene. I like that it was an 07 specific color and there was such a small amount made with black interior.
Yeah I didn't think I would find a thunder grey but I did and it is a CPO I'm about to lose my job so it may be for sale very soon.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the info bud! I'll give them a shout. And yes... Detail it and post pics. I'd like to see some shots of that color.

And that sucks man. Hope u don't have to sell it but if u do, send me some details on it. I doubt I'd be able to scoop it since I just bought this second one a little over a month ago now and I've already got it coming along the way I want it but I have some friends that would def be interested.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Dude make sure you clear shield the new hood and BC it will save your paint from rock chips stupit..
Old 05-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Teching In

I called its a catalog error this cover is for the base Cts
Old 05-27-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Clear shield looks like ****... At least on the cars ive seen it on. It fades into a yellowish color over time and u can see the lines around it which is tacky. If there is a better option to protect the front end, I'd consider it but from what I've seen of the clear shield, I'd rather leave it alone and just be careful.

I knew that listing was an error at that price. Glad to see u did a search or found my thread with all the info in it... lol
Old 05-27-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I meant to comment about that CTS bumper cover. I found it on Fleebay a while back and when I called about it they said it was for a standard CTS and it was a misprint and would be removed or ammended the next day. Guess they have REALLY long days.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Clear shield looks like ****... At least on the cars ive seen it on. It fades into a yellowish color over time and u can see the lines around it which is tacky. If there is a better option to protect the front end, I'd consider it but from what I've seen of the clear shield, I'd rather leave it alone and just be careful.

I knew that listing was an error at that price. Glad to see u did a search or found my thread with all the info in it... lol
Is clear shield the 3m type stuff they put on luxury cars as an add on from the factory or at the dealership? If so it is CRAP! When I wholesaled cars I saw TONS of them get passed over time and time again due to the discolor of the "protective coating". Not a fan.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah man... I called myself and found out it was for a CTS only. I assume they're leaving it listed incorrectly because technically it will fit a V but I'm sure at that price, it'll sell much quicker than a standard cts cover. Not right but why else wouldn't they change it after they've been contacted numerous times about the mistake?

And yeah... That's the stuff. 3M clear shield. It's pricey to have it installed too and looks like **** after less than a year. And... To remove it... It will most likely ruin the paint under it because it been cooked on there for so long and if it does come off without damaging the paint, it will still show the lines of where it was and discoloration.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I bought an IS250 once that had that junk on it. Dark graphite or whatever the color is....Cost me like $500 to get it removed and professionally buffed and cut out, worst part is that you could still see where it was. I'd NEVER put it on one of my rides... Just my .02
Old 05-27-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Veteran

I feel the same about it man. Seen too many vehicles that have it and it always looks like **** over time. Waste of money IMO as well.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

The crazy thing is that dealerships charge an extra $500-$1,000 for this. The new Nissan GTR has "scratch resistant paint". We had one at the dealership I worked at and after looking at it for a month a buddy hit it with a key (medium pressure LOL) and it didn't even make a scuff. I'm not sure what they use but it's amazing. A guy brought one in that was a year old with 45k on it and there wasn't a single rock chip/scratch on it. It sees 90% city driving and is NO garage queen......The bad part is that Nissan charges like $8,000 for the paint.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 PM

bad news...iwrecked my caddy :'(
Old 08-14-2012, 04:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Insurance covered mine with paint, new fogs, bottom grille all for my deductible. I was riding down the highway and a semi had a blowout and guess where the rubber went...

But yea make an insurance claim and they should hook u up.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Hey don't know if you're still looking but found this on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-Us...#ht_500wt_1180

Quick Reply: Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??