Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??

Old 05-20-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??

I posted in the classifieds that i'm looking for one but if i cant find a deal on a used cover fairly quick, ill prob just order one new. I've been watching ebay but haven't seen any front covers on there in a long while.

I've found quite a few sites by doing a google search that offer aftermarket and remanufactured OEM bumpers for around $450-$500 shipped. I'd prefer to stay OEM of course but if you can't tell the difference and quality is good on an aftermarket one and i can save some $$$, i'm not opposed to going that route.

Any suggestions as to which route would be best as far as aftermarket or remanufactured if i cant find a deal on a nice used OEM cover??
Old 05-20-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What hep owned to yours?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

It had some minor damage on the lower lip when I got the car. Its not bad and can be repaired but I don't want to repair it. I'd rather just replace it with a new one and sell this one local on Craigslist to someone who wants to mess with it.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Your better of fixing your own bumper. New one is about 500. Everything cheaper would be a previously repaired bumper
Old 05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Veteran

$500 isn't bad for a brand new bumper. Was just hoping to find it cheaper if possible or find a deal on a perfect used cover. I want to replace this one regardless.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The secret is to park in precarious places for other people backing out.. then when they back into you have their insurance pay for a new bumper.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Try and google Keystone autoparts. They are a nationwide salvage dealer and have OEM stuff at good prices and they deliver too. I used to own a body shop and can tell u from experience the cheap aftermarket bumper covers are junk! There will be gaps in the body lines, very thin material, they sag over time.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Bud... Not a bad idea... Lol might have to do that if I can't find one. Lol

Cash... I appreciate the info! I'll stay away from aftermarket and keep hunting for a good OEM cover!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BudRacing
The secret is to park in precarious places for other people backing out.. then when they back into you have their insurance pay for a new bumper.
Or Run over a truck tire on the freeway. That will mess it up good.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Veteran

My buddy who had the car before me hit a tire which is what caused this damage on the lower lip. Not sure I wanna claim insurance though because the car has a clean carfax and my deductible is $500. For $500, I can have the new cover. Not to mention ill prob find a local CTS guy that wants a V cover that will throw me $200 or so and have this one painted. So... Really it'll only cost me $300 for a new cover when it's said and done which is why I'd rather just replace it. I just need to find a deal on a good OEM piece. I'd rather not go aftermarket.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Dude... It's a 2005 V, not a 69 Camaro. Filing an insurance claim to get your front bumper fixed PROPERLY, for $500 out of pocket is NOT going to have a huge impact on the resale or trade-in value of your car at this point. The other kicker is, if you do get a new bumper cover for cheap and have it painted, it's going to cost way more than an extra 100 bucks to have it properly blended and matched with your hood and fenders. Or you can pay some dude under the table at a body shop to spray the bumper alone and PRAY that it matches the rest of your car (and silver aint no cake-walk to match). I'd rather file the claim and pay the deductable and have a front end that looks as good as new, than end up with a front end that looks like haggard *** in the name of saving 200 bucks up front and MAYBE another couple hundred when you go to sell or trade in. Take it to a GOOD body shop that will guarantee their work and will cut ZERO corners in repair. More than likely they will NOT want to fix and refinish a bumper cover that has actual cracking of the plastic, because the quality and longevity of their paint job will be at risk of failing prematurely from the damage area.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Dude... It's a 2005 V, not a 69 Camaro. Filing an insurance claim to get your front bumper fixed PROPERLY, for $500 out of pocket is NOT going to have a huge impact on the resale or trade-in value of your car at this point. The other kicker is, if you do get a new bumper cover for cheap and have it painted, it's going to cost way more than an extra 100 bucks to have it properly blended and matched with your hood and fenders. Or you can pay some dude under the table at a body shop to spray the bumper alone and PRAY that it matches the rest of your car (and silver aint no cake-walk to match). I'd rather file the claim and pay the deductable and have a front end that looks as good as new, than end up with a front end that looks like haggard *** in the name of saving 200 bucks up front and MAYBE another couple hundred when you go to sell or trade in. Take it to a GOOD body shop that will guarantee their work and will cut ZERO corners in repair. More than likely they will NOT want to fix and refinish a bumper cover that has actual cracking of the plastic, because the quality and longevity of their paint job will be at risk of failing prematurely from the damage area.
... which leads me back to my point
Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

With how simple it is to change bumpers, I've considered getting a new one matched to my paint & use it to drive to shows & whatnot. My present bumper is pretty beat. Not horrible, but not perfect either. Under side has touched the road a few times, there's some stress cracks at the lower edge corners, rock chips galore, etc etc.

I figure, why put a new bumper on there, when it'll end up looking the same in a few years.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

Mine was split about 4" long right above the passenger foglight. I searched high and low for a replacement with NO LUCK. I had a few little scratches and dings from 140k of driving. I seriously considered reporting it on the insurance and getting the whole front end fixed. Kinda glad I didn't cause the FIRST thing the buyer did was pull a carfax and WOULD NOT consider buying one that had damage....BUT he didn't mind buying it with a busted bumper. He said "at least this way I know what the damage was and after I fix it myself it's still gonna have a clean carfax." Just my experience.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Edmund... Thats exactly why my paint guy suggested i replace it. He does my paintwork for cheap and he does a good job but it wouldnt include blending. Id just drop the bumper and the EC cowl hood off to be sprayed and pick them up and reinstall them myself. The comment about the blending now has me thinking maybe i should put it on insurance. Wonder if i can call them and tell them i had initially planned to fix it myself but i have decided to use them and if they will have a problem with the fact that i've already pulled the bumper and everything off the car?

Bud... It is a very good point indeed. lol

I was just trying to avoid having anything on my carfax report. Its always a big bonus when its clean even though a lot of people fix their damage under the table and even some body shops dont report major repairs. People really shouldn't focus as much on carfax as they do the car itself but they do.

Bama... If the paint wasnt missing on the cover, i'd just leave it alone. I know its going to get rock chips and **** anyway... I just want it to be presentable again.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Considering your paint is clean, I don't think the paint will be off by much if any. It's a stock color. It may have a fresher look for obvious reasons, but a little buffing of adjacent panels should "blend" it well enough.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Launching!

x2 above....
Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just plasti dip it or something ; )
Old 05-22-2012, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

I got mine from Weirparts.com, we have a wholesale account through them, and paid $500. Good luck finding one under $650-750 shipped.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stone17
Or Run over a truck tire on the freeway. That will mess it up good.
I personally low this to be true. A truck tire murdered the whole front end of mine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??