Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

D2 Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Are you concerned that your stock bushings are dry rotted or destroyed? I wouldn't see any need to replace them unless they are legitimately damaged. I could only find lower control arm bushings on rock auto.
I had a horrible creaking from the passenger side & a friend was looking in there saying it was a control arm bushing. I wanted to get a peek at it last time I was under my car a week ago, but forgot & didn't want to get into the mechanic's way.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOOT! D2s arrived. Next week everything goes to the mechanic for installation.

I had to get the tires installed today after getting a look at one of them!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any other ideas on stock or aftermarket rubber control arm bushings? I just have a bad feeling something about them are gonna be fubar'd.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Any other ideas on stock or aftermarket rubber control arm bushings? I just have a bad feeling something about them are gonna be fubar'd.
I highly doubt your control arm bushings are FUBAR unless you relentlessly abuse your car. The easiest way to check is to jack up the car (on the lower control arm to keep the suspension loaded) remove the wheel on the corner in question, unbolt and separate the ball joint from the knuckle and check to see if there is any lateral (side to side) play in the control arm. If you don't mind greasing them ever few months or when they get noisy you can always get the softer durometer poly and it will not impact the ride in a noticeable fashion. If you do that I would get the CS bushings for ease of greasing.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Onefast V
I highly doubt your control arm bushings are FUBAR unless you relentlessly abuse your car. The easiest way to check is to jack up the car (on the lower control arm to keep the suspension loaded) remove the wheel on the corner in question, unbolt and separate the ball joint from the knuckle and check to see if there is any lateral (side to side) play in the control arm. If you don't mind greasing them ever few months or when they get noisy you can always get the softer durometer poly and it will not impact the ride in a noticeable fashion. If you do that I would get the CS bushings for ease of greasing.
Well, I had this highly annoying croaking/creaking sound on my right front wheel on up/down travel. You can be parked, push down on the fender & hear it. The strut mount up top looked solid & not loose. I'll just wait to hear what the verdict is from the mechanic when I drop it off MON to get all stuff I've purchased installed.

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Creative steel sells these:
https://creative-steel.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=182

Quick Reply: D2 Coilovers