Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Projector Halo Headlights & Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how hard is it to get the bumper off?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

15 minutes.

6-8 10mm nuts and bolts, and a whole bunch of plastic fasteners.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not generally a fan of aftermarket lights at all, but these look downright AWESOME!! I just sanded my stockers the other day, but I'm gonna have to add these to the rainy day shopping list.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

So you didnt use the Ballast that came with the DDM hids? You use the old big box looking ones not the slim?

One guy says he doesn't like the slim ballast because of the Long warm up time
(higher fail rate).

Pair of Mounting brackets for 35W DDM Ballasts $2.99

DDM HID Kit, 55W, H7, 5000K
hid, xenon, hid xenon upgrade, xenon kit, hids
Wattage: 55 Watt (+$10.00)
Bulb Color: 5000K
Bulb Type: H7
$39.95

DDM HID Kit, 35W, H10, 5000K
hid, xenon, hid xenon upgrade, xenon kit, hids
Wattage: 35 Watt
Bulb Color: 5000K
Bulb Type: 9145
$29.95

I want the headlights and fog lights to be close to the same color but I am worried that the 55w and the 35w will put out a different color due to the wattage.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

I got mine delivered last night and was looking them over. Did anyone else notice that the projectors don't quite sit in the middle of the Halo? They are both abit off to one side and down.

I haven't installed them yet, if they are level and adjust fine I guess it doesn't really matter, it just caught me by surprise.

Also if anyone is wondering, they have the Up/Down adjustment screw in the same position as OEM as well as what appears to be a Left/Right adjustment screw on the back. Both adjustments are internal and independent of the housing positioning.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andringa
I got mine delivered last night and was looking them over. Did anyone else notice that the projectors don't quite sit in the middle of the Halo? They are both abit off to one side and down.

I haven't installed them yet, if they are level and adjust fine I guess it doesn't really matter, it just caught me by surprise.

Also if anyone is wondering, they have the Up/Down adjustment screw in the same position as OEM as well as what appears to be a Left/Right adjustment screw on the back. Both adjustments are internal and independent of the housing positioning.
I did not notice that however they adjust fine and still have a fairly crisp cutoff line.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Can someone grab a picture of the cutoffs against a white wall please?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Are you guys still happy with your ebay halo headlights? Which seller did you's wind up going with?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wes8398
Are you guys still happy with your ebay halo headlights? Which seller did you's wind up going with?
I've only had mine on for a few weeks but so far they are working well for me. i bought mine through imotorsportoutlet but i believe they are all manufactured by Eagle eye
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

I should be getting mine thursday
Old 08-13-2013, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Onefast V
I've only had mine on for a few weeks but so far they are working well for me. i bought mine through imotorsportoutlet but i believe they are all manufactured by Eagle eye
Good to know, thanks.

Unfortunately Fuzzy's pictures no longer display. Could you guys post up some pictures of what the headlights (and tail lights) look like all lit up at night, as well as what bulbs/ballasts you used? I like the looks of Fuzzy's in the video in the OP, but just wonder what other bulbs look like.

Also, what'd you guys wind up doing about the headlight washer mechanism? Can you just disconnect and crimp the hose somehow, without causing damage? Or maybe just pull a fuse to disable?

Lastly, can anyone post on their experiences with hooking the halos up to the DRLs?

Thanks a lot guys.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Good to know, thanks.

Unfortunately Fuzzy's pictures no longer display. Could you guys post up some pictures of what the headlights (and tail lights) look like all lit up at night, as well as what bulbs/ballasts you used? I like the looks of Fuzzy's in the video in the OP, but just wonder what other bulbs look like.

Also, what'd you guys wind up doing about the headlight washer mechanism? Can you just disconnect and crimp the hose somehow, without causing damage? Or maybe just pull a fuse to disable?

Lastly, can anyone post on their experiences with hooking the halos up to the DRLs?

Thanks a lot guys.
There is a place to mount the washer hose on the new headlights to block them off.

Halos will run with the DRLs as a plug and play. They use the same pin the small front corner light used which runs all the time i believe.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Onefast V
There is a place to mount the washer hose on the new headlights to block them off.

Halos will run with the DRLs as a plug and play. They use the same pin the small front corner light used which runs all the time i believe.
From the factory that small front corner light is on the same circuit as the running/parking lights. Only way they are on is if you have the headlight switch in the "Running Light" or "Headlight" position.

Or if the light sensor turns on the headlights.

The DRL are the only thing on by default during the day.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Andringa
From the factory that small front corner light is on the same circuit as the running/parking lights. Only way they are on is if you have the headlight switch in the "Running Light" or "Headlight" position.

Or if the light sensor turns on the headlights.

The DRL are the only thing on by default during the day.
That's what I thought. Any suggestions on how one would tie the halos into the DRL's?

I'm going to have a real learning experience with wiring soon. I have LED switch-back DRL's that I'll be installing sometime soon, as well as the possibility of these headlights if I scrounge up the cash.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Looking to do my halo headlights with HIDS and clear turn/fog lights with HIDS all at one time. Anyone know anythnig about switchbacks?
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Fuzzy and others know WAAAAY more than I do about this, but I recently purchased some switchback bulbs that I'll be installing in the somewhat near future... Once I have someone help me out with how to wire them up. I know I'll get knocked for not buying "high quality" enough, but after many messages back and fourth with the vendor "fyreflys" (eBay), I elected yo go with their F7 switchback bulbs for my DRL/signal. Have a look.
Also, Google search for "cts-v led DRL switchback" or something to that effect and you'll find a useful how-to posted over at caddy forums. That's the only resource I have right now.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Just waiting on my HIDS and clear fog/turns. The quality of these headlights look really good.

Fuzzy and others know WAAAAY more than I do about this, but I recently purchased some switchback bulbs that I'll be installing in the somewhat near future... Once I have someone help me out with how to wire them up. I know I'll get knocked for not buying "high quality" enough, but after many messages back and fourth with the vendor "fyreflys" (eBay), I elected yo go with their F7 switchback bulbs for my DRL/signal. Have a look.
Also, Google search for "cts-v led DRL switchback" or something to that effect and you'll find a useful how-to posted over at caddy forums. That's the only resource I have right now.

How to wire up switchback-leds clear.html

Yeah I know I just posted a CF link. I hate CF. That's alot of work just for some switchbacks.
Attached Thumbnails Projector Halo Headlights & Foglights-halos.jpg  

Last edited by JayBirdWs6; 08-14-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm trying to order the HID kits but don't have the headlight in front of me right now. What bulb do I need to select for the HID kits?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HtownV04
I'm trying to order the HID kits but don't have the headlight in front of me right now. What bulb do I need to select for the HID kits?
H7 for the low beams. You could have just looked up the product page. Make sure you get better H1 bulbs for the high beams--the ones included are terrible.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Fuzzy

Quick Reply: Projector Halo Headlights & Foglights