Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Leaking Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leaking Brembo

My front driverside brembo has a leak, its coming from the brake line connection that loops underneath (see pic). anyone able to assist me with locating this part or if there is a seal.
Attached Thumbnails Leaking Brembo-brembo.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

That looks bad. Looks corroded I would replace the caliper. Brakes are not something to skimp on.

Amazon.com: ACDelco 172-2288 Caliper Assembly: Automotive Amazon.com: ACDelco 172-2288 Caliper Assembly: Automotive
Old 12-05-2013, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts exactly. Replace it and have piece of mind.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're looking to replace it on the cheap, I've got a well-used yellow one and a barely-used silver one (front, left) you can have for pretty well nothing, esp if you pick it up from me in NJ. PM me.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Honestly to me it doesn't look like corrosion. Looks like a bad paint job and a dirty caliper. Could that line have been removed at some point for the paint? The line is just a flared hardline. I would try to snug the fitting down a little. If they were removed the flare could have been cracked if over tightened. If thats the case, you can buy new crossovers from this place.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Crossover...p/bm41-01a.htm

I had a bleeder corrode and take all of the threads with it on one caliper. If they are stripped out or pulled the threads out I'm not sure they could be fixed easily. A machine shop could but might as well replace the caliper at that point.

Last edited by raven154; 12-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by raven154
Honestly to me it doesn't look like corrosion. Looks like a bad paint job and a dirty caliper. Could that line have been removed at some point for the paint? The line is just a flared hardline. I would try to snug the fitting down a little. If they were removed the flare could have been cracked if over tightened. If thats the case, you can buy new crossovers from this place.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Crossover...p/bm41-01a.htm

I had a bleeder corrode and take all of the threads with it on one caliper. If they are stripped out or pulled the threads out I'm not sure they could be fixed easily. A machine shop could but might as well replace the caliper at that point.
bingo, thanks. no corrosion, the brake fluid just let the paint peel off and its got dirt on it, i cleaned it once real well to locate the leak. im going to buy these and give it a shot.

Originally Posted by jclayc
if you're looking to replace it on the cheap, I've got a well-used yellow one and a barely-used silver one (front, left) you can have for pretty well nothing, esp if you pick it up from me in NJ. PM me.
thanks, will keep u in mind if the above doesnt work

Quick Reply: Leaking Brembo