Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 02:12 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by go4lucas
Hi, I just bought an 05 V today and i'm interested in this as well. When you mention the set of polyurethane outer linkage bar bushings from Crestive Steel do you mean the "poly - shifter support rod bushings" option from https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=181 for $25 or do you mean the kit that includes both for $75?
I'm just trying to get everything understood before I place my order with you.
Also, do you include instructions with your kit?

Thanks!
For the Hurst, you'll want to get a set of the $25 poly outer support rod bushings from Creative Steel.

I send detailed instructions with each kit.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
For the Hurst, you'll want to get a set of the $25 poly outer support rod bushings from Creative Steel.

I send detailed instructions with each kit.
Just paypaled you the 275. very excited!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:50 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by go4lucas
Just paypaled you the 275. very excited!
I received it. I also sent you an email with a question.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 10-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Hi Brian,

I also just sent in the payment. If you need anything else from me please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-12-2014, 03:13 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by MikeDeadly
Hi Brian,

I also just sent in the payment. If you need anything else from me please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike
Email me with what color **** you'd like.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Payment sent
Old 10-17-2014, 02:19 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

NOTICE:

All Hurst shifters are now being modified and shipped with two Delrin bushings in the base. I originally only replaced one of the stock nylon Hurst bushings with my own Delrin one but I have found some of the nylon ones are wearing out and/or flat out breaking. I have also just recently found a couple that were bad straight from the factory. This does not mean that every one with a white Hurst bushing will go bad.

If your shifter does not have TWO black bushings in the base I will send you a new bushing to replace the white one with. Free of charge, all you have to do is contact me and let me know you'd like one.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Teching In

My shifter originally had one of the white nylon hurst bushings. It ended up failing so I contacted Brian about it. He offered to make me a set of the delrin bushings free of charge. Great service!

I've had the newer delrin ones in for about 3 months now and they made a big difference. Definitely worth the upgrade.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Just finished installing and testing mine out and all I can say is WOW what a difference. The install was easy with the instructions that Brian provides. Very happy with the results.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Brian being awesome as always provided an adapter for my shift ****. Here you can see the size difference between the stock Hurst & the one I bought from ebay. You can clearly see the size difference:

FYI: the stock Hurst **** is for sale if anyone happens to want the black one. I'm already thinking about my next ****!

The only issue with the adapter was that it fit kinda loose & I was considering some loctite to nail it down. I ended up sticking a rubber vacuum cap inside it to give it something to bottom out on & then allow the jam nut to hit the **** vs the adapter. Rock solid, no loctite needed.

I drove for an 40 mins in traffic to get home with the lil hurst **** & it was tiny in my hands & I don't really have that huge of hand. This aftermarket **** feels sooo much better.

Also, this Hurst shifter is the bees knees. Daggum, it's tight as hell & add the Phillstine Clutch Master Cylinder, it's learning how to drive the V all over again. It's shockingly short, I wasn't expecting it to be that short. I made my aftermarket **** stand a lil higher so I could get some of it back. I also have to re-learn just "feeling" what gear I'm in based on my hand resting on the shifter & being able to just make the right up/down shift as needed w/o thinking.

All in all, I'm happy!

The other day, the 'waiter' at Sonic saw my black/white **** & was like "that's a cool shifter".
Old 10-20-2014, 08:51 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by LAYGO
.....The only issue with the adapter was that it fit kinda loose & I was considering some loctite to nail it down. I ended up sticking a rubber vacuum cap inside it to give it something to bottom out on & then allow the jam nut to hit the **** vs the adapter. Rock solid, no loctite needed.....
Sorry, I really had no idea how long to make the adapter since I didn't have the **** to take measurements. Next time I'll make it longer so it bottoms out. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, I really had no idea how long to make the adapter since I didn't have the **** to take measurements. Next time I'll make it longer so it bottoms out. Thanks for the feedback.
Ain't no thang. I made it work. I didn't put any thought into it either . . . until trying to mount it. I only got it to bottom out by luck & having a that cap that just so happen to fit perfectly. It so happens to still be holding. So far so good.

Thinking about it, I could've stuck the same size internal thread bolt from the other end (provided the head fits). I dunno, nothing really stops the adapter from spinning inside except maybe loctite or something like the cap.

Something to think about to figure out for a more practical solution? Maybe affix a jam nut to the adapter (weld/jb weld/loctite) & leave it long enough so the user can lop off the length as needed.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Teching In

I'm a little interested in this kit of yours. I like the feel of my stock shifter - it's very smooth and easy to slip in gear. My only complaint is the motion to get into gears is just a tad too long. So will this shifter maintain the smoothness and ease of getting into gear, albeit reducing the throw significantly?

Also, what if I don't get the $25 poly outer support rod bushings from Creative Steel? What are the affects of not having this?

I like the factory **** and current height where the shift **** sits. Is there a way you can maintain the shifter height with this kit? I want to be able to use my stock shift boot without having to modify anything to make it look good.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:51 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by Vette Moto
I'm a little interested in this kit of yours. I like the feel of my stock shifter - it's very smooth and easy to slip in gear. My only complaint is the motion to get into gears is just a tad too long. So will this shifter maintain the smoothness and ease of getting into gear, albeit reducing the throw significantly?

Also, what if I don't get the $25 poly outer support rod bushings from Creative Steel? What are the affects of not having this?

I like the factory **** and current height where the shift **** sits. Is there a way you can maintain the shifter height with this kit? I want to be able to use my stock shift boot without having to modify anything to make it look good.
Any short shifter will decrease leverage and increase the effort and make it feel notchy. The polyurethane outer linkage bar bushings replace the stock rubber ones. It will not hurt to continue to use the stock ones, it will only help if they are replaced with polyurethane ones.

I can modify the extra stalk in the kit so you can use the stock **** and boot. I can also retain the stock **** height if you'd like. As a standard, I make the modified ones so the **** height is about 1/2" lower than stock. If you do want one made, please request that I make it the same height as stock.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can modify the extra stalk in the kit so you can use the stock **** and boot. I can also retain the stock **** height if you'd like. As a standard, I make the modified ones so the **** height is about 1/2" lower than stock. If you do want one made, please request that I make it the same height as stock.
Is the modification to the bottom half or the top half to keep the stock height? I'm guessing bottom.

This is pretty low. I tried making it so the adapter would give me some height back.

I can get a better side view, but I don't have a stock height "before" pic.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

damn you got some big ***** lol
Old 10-23-2014, 11:48 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Is the modification to the bottom half or the top half to keep the stock height? I'm guessing bottom.

This is pretty low. I tried making it so the adapter would give me some height back.

I can get a better side view, but I don't have a stock height "before" pic.
The modification is for the 'extra' Camaro upper stalk that I modify to be able to use the stock CTS-V ****.

Hurst sells a chrome stalk that is 1.125" taller than the one that comes in the kit. It is also straight instead of slightly curved.

https://hurstshiftersonline.com/prod...&idcategory=51

I can make you an adapter to raise your current chrome stalk if you don't want to spend $60 for the longer Hurst one. Message me and let me know how much taller you want it. It will be crude, but it'll work and be entirely covered by the boot anyhow.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hurst sells a chrome stalk that is 1.125" taller than the one that comes in the kit. It is also straight instead of slightly curved.

I use this stalk and the height is perfect if you have a cts console.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The modification is for the 'extra' Camaro upper stalk that I modify to be able to use the stock CTS-V ****.

https://hurstshiftersonline.com/prod...&idcategory=51

I can make you an adapter to raise your current chrome stalk if you don't want to spend $60 for the longer Hurst one. Message me and let me know how much taller you want it. It will be crude, but it'll work and be entirely covered by the boot anyhow.
LOL, I'm afraid of taking out my brand new bezel & breaking the tabs!
Old 11-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Just have to say. I just installed a Hurst shifter from Brian. I love it. Thanks for a great quality product and thanks to my son Zac at UMIPerformance for getting it for me.

Quick Reply: Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.