Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Whipple off, rethinking my next option

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sssnake
Finish this thing up!!!!! I want to compare tunes when you are done.
Probably going with a safe tune to start, I have to break in my clutch, not sure a bunch if hard dyno pulls would be good for it. I also have a smaller pulley, for when I do more to the fuel system. Right now I have a aeromotive 340, hot wired to the alternator, and a kennebell bap on a 5 psi hob switch. It should be enough for now, but I'm sure when I start to push it, I will need more. I'll probably start the fuel system this fall. Then get some final tuning done.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Probably going with a safe tune to start, I have to break in my clutch, not sure a bunch if hard dyno pulls would be good for it. I also have a smaller pulley, for when I do more to the fuel system. Right now I have a aeromotive 340, hot wired to the alternator, and a kennebell bap on a 5 psi hob switch. It should be enough for now, but I'm sure when I start to push it, I will need more. I'll probably start the fuel system this fall. Then get some final tuning done.
Let us know how that fuel system works out. I'm interested if it will drop pressure at higher RPM's. Mine is but my BAP was failed as well. Should have the BAP back in tomorrow to check.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taking notes on this build...

Regarding the fuel system, you can get some ideas from my posted sticky. It has every part of the fuel system exposed for the most part. I have some calculations that I can send to you along with a comprehensive parts lists that you can sort through. In theory, it's good for 1khp or 850whp but most systems I've seen in the speedshops have 3 fuel pumps for 1kwhp - I use two DW300's with 13.5volts and it flows a ton of fuel with a full return and aftermarket regulator.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by philistine
Taking notes on this build...

Regarding the fuel system, you can get some ideas from my posted sticky. It has every part of the fuel system exposed for the most part. I have some calculations that I can send to you along with a comprehensive parts lists that you can sort through. In theory, it's good for 1khp or 850whp but most systems I've seen in the speedshops have 3 fuel pumps for 1kwhp - I use two DW300's with 13.5volts and it flows a ton of fuel with a full return and aftermarket regulator.
I was going to use your sticky as my bible for the fuelling. Parts list would be much appreciated.
tommycompton@msn.com
Old 07-26-2014, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2007V
Let us know how that fuel system works out. I'm interested if it will drop pressure at higher RPM's. Mine is but my BAP was failed as well. Should have the BAP back in tomorrow to check.
Will do
Old 07-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Launching!

I got the BAP back in yesterday and logged a little bit. It's set on max which I think is 17.5V on a 3psi switch. I installed a pressure sensor at the rail so that I can log it and its dropping to 50psi at the rail high load high rpm. Before it was down to 30 so a big improvement there.

Philistine's dual pump setup is great. I would love to have a boost referenced pressure regulator but I'm not excited about all of that plumbing. A 24V race amplifier might get me the rest of the way.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Delay in posting, but she's running. Just gotta wait another week or so to get it in for a tune.
Currently wrestling with my innovate aux box to get my gauges to work for my dashdaq.

Trimmed up the Edelbrock covers, they fit pretty good, got them repowder coated.
Had some vette cover stickers kicking around, might ditch the vette logo but keep the LS2 decal.

^^ a little idle video.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

*splooge*

Gonna get a black coupler to match everything? haha

But seriously, that looks so nasty, mang. Hope everything goes smoothly with tuning.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bmylez
*splooge*

Gonna get a black coupler to match everything? haha

But seriously, that looks so nasty, mang. Hope everything goes smoothly with tuning.
Ya one day, I was ordering stuff from frozen boost, and they were all out of black lol.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*******!!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Lookin sharp there Tommy! Wow! Hope it goes well at tuning. Want to see that beast in action sometime!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

wow, nice!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys!!
Originally Posted by JazMiller
Lookin sharp there Tommy! Wow! Hope it goes well at tuning. Want to see that beast in action sometime!
Ya man, you still got yours?
I saw a red one for sale on kijii, made me wonder if it was yours,
Old 08-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys!!

Ya man, you still got yours?
I saw a red one for sale on kijii, made me wonder if it was yours,
Still have mine! Been out to Gimli a few times this summer with it, having a ball with it, lots of go-fast fun out there. I've developed a front end clunk, we get together sometime I bet you know what I need to replace on it if you hear it.

I emailed that guy selling his 05 redline, and I enquired about his stock wheels, but that trail went cold when I offered fair market cash for the set. I should ping him again.

Who's tuning for you?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JazMiller
Still have mine! Been out to Gimli a few times this summer with it, having a ball with it, lots of go-fast fun out there. I've developed a front end clunk, we get together sometime I bet you know what I need to replace on it if you hear it.

I emailed that guy selling his 05 redline, and I enquired about his stock wheels, but that trail went cold when I offered fair market cash for the set. I should ping him again.

Who's tuning for you?
Ya man, I'm sure we could trouble shoot it. I have a garage at my new house, and almost every tool known to man lol.

This time I'm going to motion performance, apparently they remote tune from a well know tuner in the US.
I've been to walls and dragmart before. Wasn't impressed with either. Walls uses efi live, and I already have a tune using hp tuners, plus I heard they are no longer writing tunes for non diesel . So who knows.
Drag mart should be called drags their *** lol, takes them months to do anything.
A buddy knows the guys at motion so I guess I'll give them a try.
I'd almost fly someone up here to do it lol.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job. Thanks for doing all the home work on this and kudos to the vender for selling the parts from a kit his customers actually want.

Just so I am clear, the LS2 title of this blower only refers to the routing of the snout and pulleys correct? It does not actually have a lower manifold that will fit LS2/243/799/cathedral port (what ever you want to call them) heads. In your first pic you have your ports covered but you have LS3/rectangular port gaskets sitting on your valley cover. I can only assume with your compression ratio and gaskets you have LS3 heads. Sorry for the dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pray
Great job. Thanks for doing all the home work on this and kudos to the vender for selling the parts from a kit his customers actually want.

Just so I am clear, the LS2 title of this blower only refers to the routing of the snout and pulleys correct? It does not actually have a lower manifold that will fit LS2/243/799/cathedral port (what ever you want to call them) heads. In your first pic you have your ports covered but you have LS3/rectangular port gaskets sitting on your valley cover. I can only assume with your compression ratio and gaskets you have LS3 heads. Sorry for the dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for.
This is on an ls2 with cathedral port heads. My lower compression is from higher volume afr heads and dished pistons. The gaskets for cathedral ports are rectangular, they are not the same shape as the ports.
The blower part number will fit on cathedral ports,the snout direction is correct and pulley offset is the same as the Ctsv.
So it will work on the ls6 and ls2 Ctsv.
Hope that helps.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

This is on an ls2 with cathedral port heads
Shows what I know - didn't know you could do that, smaller bore heads?
Old 08-27-2014, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by philistine
Shows what I know - didn't know you could do that, smaller bore heads?
Do what? Not sure I know what you mean.
My afr heads are for 4" and larger bore. Ls2 is 4", mine is slightly larger at 4.05
Old 08-27-2014, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

ahh, nevermind. I immediately think small bore heads for cathedral ports.

Quick Reply: Whipple off, rethinking my next option