Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

need help maggie 8 rib pulley

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need help maggie 8 rib pulley

ive called around to magnuson and pulley boys and no one makes these in 8 rib anymore. so im reaching out,looking for a 2.8-3.0 8 rib keyed drive pulley. please let me know what you have or if you know someone i can get one from.. thanks guys

this is all i need to get her running!!! ill also take the conversion hub for the 4 bolt if someone has one of those as its easier to source the 4 bolt pullies
Old 02-05-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

4 bolt pulleys are definitely easier to source. looks like i can only find 6 rib keyed pulleys:

http://www.smoothflowpulleys.com/GTO_Index.html
Old 02-05-2014, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

problem is i cant find the 4 bolt hub for our older style maggies. magnuson states the tvs hub wont fit the older jackshaft.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
problem is i cant find the 4 bolt hub for our older style maggies. magnuson states the tvs hub wont fit the older jackshaft.
that's just a plain lie. The TVS hub is what came on my mp112.

Try e-mailing these guys (http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/index.html) They made a custom sized pulley for me. They might make you an 8 rib customer keyed pulley.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somewhere I have my old jackshaft that takes a press on pulley. I also have a spare 4 bolt hub and a brand new 2.8 4 bolt 8 rib. All of this stuff is out at my mom and dads house and I'm headed out there this Saturday. I'll try to install the 4 bolt hub and make sure it all works together. If it does, I can send you the hub and pulley.

All the new 112 comes with the TVS style hub. Not sure why they wouldn't work with each other. I can compare the two shafts as I have both. Just have to see if I can find the old one.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by raven154
Somewhere I have my old jackshaft that takes a press on pulley. I also have a spare 4 bolt hub and a brand new 2.8 4 bolt 8 rib. All of this stuff is out at my mom and dads house and I'm headed out there this Saturday. I'll try to install the 4 bolt hub and make sure it all works together. If it does, I can send you the hub and pulley.

All the new 112 comes with the TVS style hub. Not sure why they wouldn't work with each other. I can compare the two shafts as I have both. Just have to see if I can find the old one.
please let me know man. i just pulled the blower again to finish porting and blending the case to the mani and snout to the case. already port matched the lower to the heads..you wouldnt believe how off they were. ill have a thread of all the work once shes running but i need a pulley to get it done
Old 02-08-2014, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Well the good news is I found the hub and pulley. Bad news is I couldn't find the old jackshaft. But I think I know why they said it won't work. The shaft for the press on pulley is stepped and it gets tighter the farther on the pulley goes. The front half isn't doing much but you have a key way and a nut holding it all on. The end of the shaft is threaded to accept said nut.

The TVS style is press on only. Meaning no fastener, no keyway to help hold it on. Since your jack shaft is stepped for the press on pulley, it may not hold the press on hub under load. One option is to weld up the end of your shaft and have it turned down but then you may run the risk of unbonding the carbon fiber from the metal end. Anyway, here are some pics of the hub and pulley for reference.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

One thing you might be able to do is put the hub on, then the pulley and then put the nut back on. I don't know how long the area is where the pulley goes but I can measure my hub for you. Another thing to consider, pulley alignment once it's all on. The dimensions could be off enough it won't work. If you want, I can send you the hub and pulley and let you see what works and what doesn't.

I'm trying to remember how much they charged me for the jackshaft. I want to say it was like 380 or something like that. They won't let you buy just the shaft. You have to buy it assembled with a new front mount and bearing and a new rear mount and bearing with pulleys on both ends.

You may email Innovators West and see if they can make you one. I know that's where I bought all my 8 rib press on pulleys. They should still have all the data to make them but since the TVS style came out they don't list the press on pulleys anymore.

Last edited by raven154; 02-08-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I mic .7795 on my press on as well. I can prolly use it if I mill a keyway into the hub. Pm me what you need for em
Old 02-09-2014, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Onother thing to consider is pulley offset. From the back edge of the pulley to the hub is .2245 and the front edge of the pulley to the hub is .0845. And the length of the hub itself is .9755.

I'll send you a PM

Quick Reply: need help maggie 8 rib pulley