Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel adjustable shifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what also is new on their site? Stock driveshaft adapter for 8.8 kit . They have my money when the time comes. I am sticking with the PUO shifter, though. It does what I need it to do.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isis
Exactly what I was asking and the right answer too. I hate doing things twice but might have to consider it.

Does the bottom part still adjust from inside the car? So you can pull it up if it hits on the initial setting obviously.
Yes, sir. The shifter comes with two custom crow foot wrench's so the tightening/loosening of the jam nuts/pivot ball can all be done inside the console.

Originally Posted by Motown Cad
Cool thanks for the quick customer response Max I'm stoked! And thank you for the spoon feeding me about how the shifter is attached. I would've dropped exhaust, driveshaft then lower my tranny thinking the shifter was connected to tranny and broke the **** out of everyhting, SO THANK YOU MAX!

Derek, did you also install the linkage bushingsas well?
You are very welcome, it was a pleasure talking.

Originally Posted by bmylez
You know what also is new on their site? Stock driveshaft adapter for 8.8 kit . They have my money when the time comes. I am sticking with the PUO shifter, though. It does what I need it to do.
Woot woot! Adapter is here!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is already on order with my 8.8" kit.

Max - got the axels today!!!!! Looking forward to the diff.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Yes, I installed the linkage bushings as well which helped.

The only play left in the shifter is side-to-side (while in gear) which I've learned to live with and, again, is not related to the short-shifter but the actual shifter arm assembly which requires an additional step I didn't want to get into, namely removing the shifter arm assembly from the tranny or dropping the tranny and spot welding the ball and socket joint on the center linkage bar.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Max and creative steel have proven to care about the v1 community. I Thank them for continuing to create better items.

It's very clear that creative steel identifies a problem and executes a solution.

I'm excited to give them more money in the future.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Damnit, Max!! Another product I'm adding to my wishlist. I have a Brian's "first gen" shifter currently and was really thinkin' about getting his "2nd gen" one to see if it improved anything. But the adjustability of this CS shifter looks very, very appealing. And the thing just LOOKS badass!!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

While I got rid of 90% of the noise booming through my 54 shifter, it has been a struggle. The CS shifter seems to be built using the same joint 54 uses which works really well...could this be the ultimate V1 shifter??
Old 12-07-2014, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be a monthly whats new thread for all the new parts on that site.

you guys need to start on ats-v parts so i can keep buying from you when i make that leap.

Quick Reply: Creative Steel adjustable shifter